VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Just wait till the 1.20 is out. It’s not a long wait.

1 Like

i can only offer you 1.16 and 1.19. I dind’t download the apk for 1.18, only the windows version, sorry.

1 Like

I have those. I’m just missing the APK for 1.18. I wanted to fine tune my settings on my ride but just went for a nice casual ride w my buddy.

Thank you tho

It sucks that you cant do that if the app has been updated right? I always find out in the middle of nowhere and I am not updating my motor controllers 15 miles from home :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea, I wish they are backwards compatible unless there’s a massive update that conflicts settings.

Tried using my wand today but for some reason the included cable is to wide for my vesc. I am using the flipsky 4.20 plus. Is this known issue? Did I get wrong cable(I ordered the trampa nrf dongle along with wand)?

Hey @subarucasey the official Trampa VESC has an 8 pin COMM connection, I wanted to hook up mine to my Focbox 4.12 and had to make a new connector. I ordered some 7 pin Jst connectors and soldered the connectors to the correct pins so it lined up properly on the focbox. It should go like this

VCC on Dongle to 3.3v on focbox
Gnd on Dongle to Ground on focbox
RX on Dongle to TX on focbox
TX on Dongle to RX on focbox

Here’s a link to the correct connector on Amazon

8 SETS JST PH 2.0MM 7 Pin Female… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8JC27C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered the connectors. Will try these out.

1 Like

You can cut the 8 pin connector down to get started. Order a 7Pin. And swap the connector then.

1 Like

Check if your Maytech ESCs have a built in NRF chip. And find out which model. That’s probably the root of your issue. You might need to erase the built in NRF. Possible via SWD Prog. I hope they have SWD pads on the PCB…

Quad setup: Should work, but RT data is problematic. CAN Bus would be better anyways.
It eases FW updates, allows traction control, RT-Data etc.
You can try the dual pairing, but it’s currently not a suggested setup. We will think of a twin NRF Dongle solution.

1 Like

Ok, thx Frank. Will double check that with maytech and than let´s see.
The SWD port is pinned out, so that´s not a problem, just don´t get how I could erase the build in nrf module if there is one.

It depends. If its a NRF 24, it needs removing. If it’s a 5xxxx you will probably find some swd pads on the PCB. Using another VESC, you can erase a 5xxxx via SWD Prog.

1 Like

@Trampa I trimmed the connector as suggested, and was able to connect the trampa dongle to my flipsky 4.20. I’m now trying to pair it, but not having much luck. Following the instructions, I made sure wand was off, and clicked setup input wizard, selected this vesc (and also confirmed i was plugged into “this” vesc). I selected NRF controller, saw the message about having to wait 10 seconds while it tries to pair, and after clicking ok, I see the count down. So I press a button on wand to make it turn on, before 10 seconds is up, but it never actually pairs. Any suggestions?

@subarucasey Make sure the dongle rx goes to vesc tx and dongle tx goes to vesc rx. The uart port layout could be different on your Flipsky 4.20 from the trampa vesc6

2 Likes

@Andy87 Thanks for the tip – that worked!

2 Likes

Is it possible to go slow using the Wand as a remote? For example, if I barely push the throttle, I expect to travel at only 2-3 mph. But in this case, it continues to accelerate until max speed, despite me not pressing throttle max. It seems like the ramping time is slower, based on amount of throttle provided, but I can’t limit top speed using the throttle. Is this expected? Can it be customized? Using FlipSky VX1 remote, I don’t experience this.

2 Likes

If I order the remote now, about when will it come?

New stock arrives on Wednesday.
It will come with a brand new firmware.
The new 1.20 Vesc-Tool will allow everybody to upgrade.
MPH is now available, redundant input signal readings, signal filtering, watch dog in background service, monitoring the Wands status at all times, auto reboot in case of freeze.

7 Likes

hey where can i see if my wand is shipped? i didnt get a mail that is was shipped does that mean it isnt shipped? it has been 9 days sins i ordered

probably no. You should receive a shipping notification as soon as your order is out for delivery.