VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Saved it in the last minute :joy:

6 Likes

Got mine today but I run into a problem I don’t know how to solve.
My want doesn’t want to pair on my maytech vesc6.6. The lates fw 3.61 is installed, the dongle is updated and the uart port works with my metr modul without issues.
If I go to nrf and start pairing it just always get a time out. I changed rx/tx already but that doesn’t help. I did a quick test on one focbox and there pairing isn’t an issue, means the dongle and want work how they should.
Any ideas what it could be or how I can get this resolved?

Did you use a modified firmware before?

I run the official fw. I tried the default and the hw no limits. With no any of them it works.

Vesc vonnected via can?

Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t work with CAN and without. Tried both.

Remote is off first before pairing?
Rx to Tx
Tx to Rx

The above seemed simple but somehow we or I overlook it every now and then.

FYI to all:
I’ve noticed this remote won’t pair on anything below 3.48fw.

1 Like

The weird thing is it should still pair no matter the VESC, the connection is between the Wand and the NRF dongle. That’s whats weird about this

Yes remote is off. Switch on pairing than the remote than timeout. Tried both combinations of rx/tx no any works

1 Like

Just to rule out the device itself. Try pairing w your vesc6?

Edit:
It could also be that your dongle needs to be updated?

I wrote that in my First post. The dongle and wand are pairing with the focbox. I as well did update the dongle as the swd port connection works. I just can’t pair on the maytechs.
Vcc and ground are correct wired. Rx and rc i swapped and tried both, but the want doesn’t pair with the dongle.

What you mean with pair with your vesc6?

Sorry. I must have missed you stating that.

Edit:
I have paired mine successfully on these devices:

• Vesc6
  • Fsesc 6.6
  • Focboxes

No problem. But what you meant with pair with vesc6.

Use vesc6 (I need to stop saying vesc6 - I thought people would automatically know I’m talking about trampa vesc6) pair dongle w wand. Since you’ve already successfully paired it w focboxes, it will.most likely work on your vesc6 (trampa).

Try fw 3.60?

That’s a strange one. If it pairs in combination with other ESCs, it should pair with your Maytech. Maybe there is an issue with the ESC Hardware.

I tried 4 different maytechs 6.6. always the same. I can imagine that it is a maytech hw issue, but I don’t understand why than my metr modul works without issues on the uart port. They use the same pins as the wand.
I already checked the voltage and it’s 3.31v to ground, so it’s also not a voltage issue.

They actually on fw 3.61 the latest as far as I know.

1 Like

:tipping_hand_man: Somebody would need to send me this one as… I don’t have that one and I think it’s also not possible to download anymore.

Had anyone tried to use the wand with Acks 3.03?

From what I understand it doesn’t work as the firmware version is unsupported. I could give it a try but I highly doubt it’ll work

1 Like