VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Proper log files are pretty huge, so storing them on the RAM is no option. Also RAM in the chip should not be used to be permanently changed. The RAM suffers from that. A separate logging device is better. Benjamin and I work on a proper solution.

2 Likes

And what about extra functions of Wand like turning lights on you promote at the beginning? :slight_smile:

First we need the light distribution board…This is next on the list.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. How and to which ports do I connect the infinity logger to on the Trampa MK III Vesc?

I think it takes either CAN or UART data

1 Like

@hans_maier If you have an iLogger and need help setting things up please post here iLogger - Updates / Suggestions / Dev [Serious] I’m trying to gather beta feedback and your questions/suggestions would help push the development forward :slightly_smiling_face:

I am considering of getting one. However, my connections will look similar (or identical) to the ones depicting below. Where can and how should I connect the iLogger to?

1 Like

TX, RX, GND, VCC - 4 pins on VESC?

Using CAN:

2 Likes

I cannot use CAN, since the the 2 VESCs are connected via CAN

You can, that’s one of the features of CAN bus, iLogger can sit in the middle, and forward CH and CL to your other vesc.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks.

1 Like

Personally, I’d rather use the unused UART port if possible

1 Like

To make it happen, do I need additional cables other than the ones depicted and the ones you will be providing? I guess I need to crimp various JST (I think that is how they are called, right?) adapters too?

Why?

Because I don’t want a device forwarding critical control signals for me. I’m sure it would be totally fine, but if I have the choice, like you do, I’d be connecting it to the UART port.

2 Likes

TX, RX, GND, VCC like @ApexBoards suggested?

1 Like

I just saw that the device used 5V, so instead of VCC use the 5V pin

1 Like

TX, RX, GND, 5V ?