VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

On the most recent VESC tool (2.03), when trying to set up App Input, the tool gives me the error that the firmware is too old and needs to be updated, though both ESC are already on FW 4.2. I am running two Focboxes over can. remote is VX1 on UART. This oddly only happens when the receiver is connected to the ESC i am connected to. On the other one it just does not calibrate (the trigger will direcly move the motors).
Is this a bug or am I doing something dumb?

Hey brother-

Gave your account a bump so youā€™re not stuck with noob settings. Should be able to post and message freely now.

Welcome!

When the remote is connected with PPM, it wont give me the error, and calibrate as should. However, only the motor where the remote is connected will work.
Seems like I only have the two 2 options left that @Trampa advises against:

• Split PPM
  • Ack firmware
1 Like

Use canbus?

Yes, I was using canbus :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you did motor detection, did it give you both motorsā€™ readings or just one?

Iā€™m on 6374 192kV SK3ā€™s and HFI works flawlessly for me.

With the fancy FOC tool, it worked twice, and then not anymore (I re-flashed firmware twice to be safe). Then I just used BLDC manually, and got that to work on both, too.

This, but mine even works with the default values.

1 Like

Something is funky w your setup. Mine was pretty straight forward. Hmmm

I am now making a new canbus cable to rule that outā€¦

Holler if you need help. I got home early tonight. Feels weird. I usually get off around 1230am

1 Like

First thing you try is SCAN CANBUS. If the second device pops up you know that CAN works.
You can manually assign CAN IDs and you can manually configure each device if all efforts fail.

sadly i dont have the patience or time to sit and babysit the update from ack 3.1 to vesc 4.1. I would of tried it, but f*ck that noise. It was just a maintenance setup while I had everything apart. Maybe on my single motor setup when I take that apart in a few months.

3 Likes

I donā€™t blame you dude, spend 2 hours and
then it doesnā€™t work as flawlessly.

3 Likes

Unless you want HFI I wouldnā€™t change off Ack anyway

4 Likes

Just FYI this bug (and a few others like weird USB on Windows) is patched out now in the Beta tool which will be live soon. Going to be a lot of fun extras in the new releases I think! You can checkout the Beta thread if you want to just test stuff out but for the time being it should be treated with extra caution.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. I will wait until the cockroaches are worked out.

3 Likes

Do you prefer bug reports in github or here?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a beta thread on this forum now. I can link it tomorrow or itā€™s probably not hard to search. Wherever is fine though.

1 Like