VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

it was sensored bldc

2 Likes

Sounds like a friggen jet. Love it. Which ESC?

2 Likes

Fsesc 6.6

1 Like

Hopefully I don’t derail the thread though. My carpet loved it at least.
3 Likes

that sound is freaking awesome!

3 Likes

You can increase the HFI erpm cutoff to whatever you want, but I don’t know if that will cause rotor tracking issues by not using back EMF for high speed position tracking
 but I think it might make the sound you want to hear happen continuously

2 Likes

I’ll have to check which max erpm could be ok before disengaging it based on speed
 I think for up to 30km/h, after that wind and ambient noise should prevail anyway for awareness so back to normal FOC silence.

Thanks for the tip !

Edit : On another note, does anyone know if there has been failures reported on the VESC 6 plus integrated switch ? I think yes but not sure. Apart from it, what are main différences with VESC 6.4 ?

BLDC for the win :muscle:

2 Likes

Don’t FOC it up man.

2 Likes

After doing maintenance to my board with ESCapes, I figured why not try out the new HFI on the VESC Tool. Although, to my concern I am having an extremely long update time for the firmware? It is about 5 mins now and only around 20-25% compiled. Is this normal for this new 4.0 update? It never takes me this long on Ackmaniac’s tool. Just connect, firmware loads quickly, and I am onto motor detection.

Just want to make sure that something isn’t wrong with my ESCapes, bootloader, etc.

2 Likes

Someone else was having this problem above. What firmware are you coming from?

Edit: this :point_down:

2 Likes

this ↑

7 Likes

F*&K of course I missed that while reading most of this damn thread. My fault and thank you.

So just wait huh
 Dammit!

3 Likes

Either wait or cancel. I canceled it after 15 minutes and 8%

LOL, same here. Even under the “stay at home” status, I can’t wait this damn long. I will just stick with what I know. Back to Ack.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Ack ever since the godfather himself @mmaner recommended it to me.

Since the stock vesc tool wasn’t able to do the simplest tasks (connecting CAN) i switched and never had any regrets.

2 Likes

true, just wanted to check the sensorless HFI for my SK3s. You know
new shiny thing! :smile:

Since that didn’t work either for me (also sk3) i switched back yet again :smiley:

1 Like

Well shit
 thank you for saving me hours! :+1:

1 Like

HFI working good on my two sk3 so far! i adjusted the values manually.

5 Likes