VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

Then maybe it’s simply a bug? I am also noticing this but it’s not wobbling me out like @rich’s video

2 Likes

Yes. I would say it’s non stable

2 Likes

@Trampa I’m a big fan of having specific real world examples of points I’m trying to make. This is one of those very examples.

Do you recall a certain stable/unstable discussion recently and how the lack of a dev/stable cycle can be problematic?

You have multiple users, including @rich (whom I’m particularly fond of thanks to his sweet choice in hubs and also greatly trust his experience/insight), reporting issues.

This is going to happen. It’ll keep happening. It’s part of hardware development.

Which is exactly why it should be happening as an opt-in dev branch so users have visibility & choice.

18 Likes

@Titoxd1000 really set you up for that, didn’t he? :laughing:

7 Likes

I am nothing if not a proper opportunist.

10 Likes

This thread is for the unstable trampa branch.

The stable code will be over here

7 Likes

It’s been awhile Brian. But finally, just finally I can agree with you. Let’s make out really quick… :wink:

P.S- Serious too… :kiss:

11 Likes

@rich What control mode are you using in that video?

4 Likes

This is my first foray away from the rock-solid @Ackmaniac code, and only for the HFI feature. Which, by the way, is a new “essential feature” on any of my skates :sob:

8 Likes

Well… Hopefully wobbly motor speed is too.

Because if not @Trampa will say it’s your fault anyways. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I can’t imagine any scenario where software induced speed wobbles are better than hooking up a sensor.

4 Likes

I didn’t say the HFI had to come from Trampa. Time to start the research into what’s possible.

2 Likes

Prolly not, and if he did it would only be in Trampa VESCs. I’ll just keep using Ack until something better comes along. Features aside, my stuff works… And I even have reverse :smile:.

7 Likes

You know, private data can become public once the lawsuits come rolling in. Unless he isn’t selling VESCs with the latest FW, which would be telling.

4 Likes

Current mode with Wand remote (NRF remotes don’t have many control modes like PPM).

I’m not 100% sure yet if it’s the FW4.0 but I think so. After downgrading to FW3.62 and testing on weekend I should know and report back here. Maybe I need to downgrade the Wand as well :thinking:

8 Likes

please test for all our sakes, both @DavidC and @Titoxd1000 have reported similar issues that were resolved by downgrading

3 Likes

Same happens to me, the board wobble in a strange way, can not push the throttle harder because it is getting quite dangerous. I have 2 Vesc6+, canbus, 6380 TB motors, miniremote PPM…It is the same as @rich described…

7 Likes

@Halbj613: Check you USB cable. Those issues are often USB related. You can try a TCB bridge and see if you get the same issue with wireless connections.

Whobbles: We did some tests this morning and tried to replicate what some users described here:
Benjamin will publish a FW update with a lower standard Time Constant value.
Currently the detection uses 4000uS. This affects the KP and KI value on motor detection.
For everyone experiencing a wobble at a certain RPM, please use 1000uS Time Constant during detection.

11 Likes

Quick guys, Ben’s pusing a change that’s mostly untested on many setups to the stable main branch. I would recommend updating immediately for the latest and greatest . . . If you can get to the vesc tool that is

10 Likes

anyone else start getting over current faults after switching to HFI? Can’t even go past 50% duty before cutouts start happening… also is there any reason for HFI to be active when braking? I never had cogging when braking sensorless, but HFI braking feels a bit gritty/not smooth

1 Like