VESC (Stormcore 60D+) shuts off and won't turn on again until several Minutes or Hours

lets not hate too much on the poor guy, everybody learns somehow.

We’ll happily advice you thru a cleanup!

9 Likes

Seriously no one is gonna be willing to learn if this is how they’re treated.

No one has shared this thread yet

And this thread is a good resource for enclosure organization inspiration.

@SkateMate please forgive my friends above.

12 Likes

Ya, not a fan with a lot of the feedback some ppl in the community send. Really sucked when i started and a lot of asshole remarks when i was learning (still learning). We all werent born into this, lets help each other grow.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah pretty dumb i know. I tried cleaning it as good as possible. After sealing the box with silicone I had to to drill a couple more holes that i forgot about and ofc a lot of shavings are stuck to it now.

1 Like

Thank you!

There is shrink wrap and proper shiny solder joints beneath the electrical tape. I mainly used the tape to be able to grip connectors better and as color coding for loop key plugs, power plugs (xt90) and charging plugs (xt60). I will take the stormcore out, and clean the box with compressed air.

There is no dirt inside since the box is water-proof even worse it is metal shavings. I’ll open up the stormcore have a look at the PCB and maybe add a new layer of silicone to the box.

I cleaned up the casing, inside there were no metall shavings.

2 Likes

Yes

Looks like the problem was metall shavings that bridged the connection at the two BAT pins out of the Stormcore. The first test ride (24km) went well. I cleaned the VESCs compartment extensively.

Thanks everyone, sometimes I need someone to point out my obvious building mistakes :wink:

I’ll keep the thread up to date should another Issue arise, maybe someone else can find use in this information.

3 Likes