VESC Settings for SYL-08

Hi all :wave:t3:

I made this thread so we have a place where people can check out what VESC settings other SYL-08 riders have. It might help others figure out what settings to plug in to the VESC tool.

Feel free to post below:

1 Like

I just ran all default configs when I replaced the ESC in my SYL-08, and it ran great. Flipsky 4.20 dual.

1 Like

Please inform my dumbass, what is syl-08

2 Likes

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SYL-08-all-terrain-electric-skateboard_60776928550.html

3 Likes

Ahhh thanks!

1 Like

To be fair, I had no idea before some googling

3 Likes

I guess I could have done that too, thanks for helping me stay lazy lol!!

1 Like

Battery max 40 (Overall, 20 per side)
Battery regen max -7 to -10 per side

Run detection for the motors, but they should be about 45 amps depending on which gen SYL you have

2 Likes

This is with the stock battery?

And which VESC do you have?

The battery depends on what year and which model you happened to get, most of them are 10S4P Chinese 25R with a 40A limited BMS so the max output is 40A, you can check by opening it up, usually the amperage is on the label. Maybe take off 10-20% to be safe.

I dont even have my syl08 anymore, too many issues. You’ll probably be replacing more components soon. I am a parts vendor though so I basically have every VESC :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what my battery label says, I’m still not sure what the max amps are 🤷🏻

Its the standard one, it’ll be 40A BMS restricted with the chinese fake 25R cells in it.

Why do you call these ‘fake cells’?

They attempt to mimic genuine samsung 25R, often having copy wraps with the text “IMR18650-25R” or something, but they’re not, they’re chinese made cells. They’re not terrible but they are not as powerful as actual 25R cells and usually are a little under capacity. you probably have 8 and not 10.4ah for example in that pack.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info man! Is there any way I can find out if I have 8ah or 10.4ah?

Not really, it’s labelled as 10.4ah there but the actual capacity is probably lower on the Chinese cells. Not really an easy way to measure how much by, 8 is a guess

1 Like