VESC-powered minibikes

I don’t think powering lights from the Vescs 5V is good advice.

5 Likes

Spintend ubox does 12v I believe

2 Likes

Ive used a 12v step up before for fans, idk if if this frowned upon

1 Like

How many amps can be safely gotten from the 5v. How much power and light can be gotten

2 Likes

What kinda speeds can you get out of that? Is it comfortable?

Itll do 20mph, it’s a hardtail so there’s no supsension. I wanted it as low as possible, it’s fun as shit to ride.

4 Likes

Would hardly call this a mini bike but i started on one. I wanted shifting because as others have mentioned fixed gear mini bikes cant go to fast.

I pull 70 amps motor current on a stormcore and have a triple reduction. If i can get the shifting working we should 20-45mph range. Im worried the motors are too small but i have a 1:24 reduction with room to go up or down.

Is a 800$ bafang motor worth it? Curious if anyone has done the dual motor mini bike thing.

2 Likes

You can get way cheaper bafang motors than that imo. They are worth it.

1 Like

I have to do research ig. The esk8 motors are dirt cheap by comparison. How much weaker is a dual 6374 than a bafang motor with no reduction?

Do you mean the hub or mid drive? The mid drive is in a gearbox

2 Likes

I mean the mid drive motor without the gearbox vs 2 6374s

2 Likes

Currently using the stock Kelly controller.

Most people are upgrading to a FarDriver controller which I’d never heard of before.

No one is using vesc or mentions it :thinking:
72V battery and a single hub motor in the rear, I don’t see why not aside from the turn signal, horn, display, and other accessories that vescs don’t often control.

4 Likes

This is the biggest barrier to me using VESC for a bike or scooters

I was surprised to see you can tune the Kelly controllers some. I thought they would be locked out.

1 Like