Vesc options late 2019

No wackas cunt

2 Likes

@shaman’s motherFOCer maybe available in a few months, I’d avoid the Chinese designed ESCs for the multiple quality reasons you read about, with the exception of maytech perhaps

And yeah 4 x V1.5+ focboxes is another alternative, but you’d have to hawk the the parts threads and good luck finding a replacement if you get a problem

1 Like

One thing I can say about Jason he is passionate the product and that shows in focbox, unity even the craptor 2. I think hdlrc (flipshite manufacturer) has an engineer that just works out what passives they can do without. There is a 1c capacitor missing from early designs that would fix their luckluster regen. Just to save one $20 real they dont have to buy per 1000 fsesc

2 Likes

Nah, gotta go quad receivers. It’s all wheel drive, you see.

2 Likes

Sounds inelegant the makerx gets here this week and others have already used them in 4 way. I will run it through its paces i am ok with some pf the headers wired wrong. For $240 for 2 dual vesc I am not expecting the world just better than hglrc. Mate who flys fpv drones says the are the joke of the fpv world. Their drones fall out of the sky and we trust our lives to them at 40Miles/hr with only 8 ply of Canada’s finest, protecting us from a gravel sandwich.

3 Likes

Keen to hear your thoughts on the makerx, they seem to be the best budget esc around atm.

1 Like

Will chuck it in the DD build give it lots of 12S goodness. My first 12S ride I nearly shit myself take a lot to rattle me the acceleration was insane and my VX2 says max speed is 76Km/hr (unlikely but I hit 44 max amd i had some left in the throttle i am running no limit firmware, wont risk more without body armour. The 26650 10S pack maxed out in the 30’s. sony 6vtc going to be goto cell from now on…

1 Like

Yo, what is this though and why isn’t it on the makerx site? @YUTW123

4 Likes

twin CAN bus groups, split PPM between groups. Run 40 max battery amps in each, and keep the motor amps somewhere sensible and they’ll last a good minute.

SuperFoc6.8 does not dissapoint so far in my testing. I managed to blow one up but the cause turned out to be that it was a hand soldered unit specifically for testing and one of the components just wasn’t quite soldered enough, production units won’t have that issue, i’ve got some on the way for testing.

5 Likes

Have you (or anybody) tried the Maytech 6.x 200A singles? I imagine the SuperFox6.8 are only good for a margin of their 50A rating realistically/reliably.

2 Likes

I believe it was on the site but users had issues with it so those users were refunded and the product was taken off the site.

1 Like

we have not yet.

I love the maytech stuff I have tried so far with them doing a lot of efoil stuff this can only lead to higher V and A. some of the efoil motors are rated at 16KW. - 4 of those and we are talking small-mid size car power. My only concern with the 6.8 is the thermal design even with the case.
New makerX 6 single looks promising but will hold off till I evaluate their 4.2 dual next week. Wish enertion would open source the 1.7 focbox.

1 Like

Do you need help?

The ESC does :rofl:

1 Like

Post office app just pinged me so could be makex or psychotiller enclosure or the 500grams of nickel.

This has been a good read. Scrounge up some more focboxes and connect them as instructed with canbus across the pairs and split between.

That said the maker x switches I have are very well put together and one is still going strong. Enertion killed the other. The mini esc are so tiny and with awd the low amp rating won’t be an issue unless you are planning one of these crazy arsed batteries that are popular right now.

1 Like

I so agree I was going to us 2 x FS4.2 plus but after the 5v rail died on one side I had a close look at under the microscope .it’s dog### solder joints are sub standard and even spotter a solder bidge on the working side. Cheapfocer or superfocer holds promise but thats a few months away. I almost wish there was a enertion black friday this year but what i here from friends that’s unlikely.

1 Like

I love focboxes for the simple reason they do not go wrong without help. I have helped a few to death but realistically they are probably the most solid 4 variant out there.

Not sure we are ever going to see another Enertion black friday.

3 Likes

Unlikely.
Just a crapy bt led pixel driver from banggood.

1 Like