Vesc options late 2019

I need another option for vesc of esc for my next build.

Option I see.
Bankruption Unity: costly 2 will me set me back $1000 dollaroos
Flipshite: killed 2 last week repaired one.
Flawed designs there A/S switch is garbage.
4 x 4.12 maytech not sure if i can do a 4 way canbus the protocol supports it but not sure on singles
4 x ver 6 maytech singles leaning towards them impressed with the rest of their tech. Pavel has a video on them but not much more info. They look like 4.12 HW so cooling must be a issue. Any one used them?
Cheapfoc I have the pcbs here and most of the parts, time and physical size wont suit this project.
Maker-x i have a 4 dual on order possibe, cheap.
Trampa no seriously i am not a millionaire.
Torqueboard come on Dex give us the goods mate.
I have a few focbox i could repair… But 4 way canbus 4 times the chance of blowing up.
Any other options?

4 Likes

Better change your title to vesc based escs before Frank shows up and totally derails the thread :rofl:

12 Likes

LOL. Every time he metions bejamin vedder I have a shot last night reading his wand thead I drank 4 bottles of Canadian Club.

11 Likes

:rofl: i haven’t stepped foot into the wand thread. Probably won’t until Im thinking about ordering a wand. So much drama.

6 Likes

But. I have a flipsky dual 6.6 that is bricked on one side. Have you dealt with that issue before?

2 Likes

Great remore over engineered billiant in somw way I like the idea of pairing one remote to muliple boards. AA fuckin brilliant. But he needs to take criticism better.

2 Likes

19 Likes

Is it just corrupt bootloader easy to fix with. $15 cable yep done that on one of my 6.6 do you have led come on that side. If not its the tiny buck of the bec (bec needs a new driver chip)

If it were me, and I had FocBox’s to repair…

1. Send them to @JohnnyMeduse and get that shit done
  2. FocBox 1 & 2, canbus - FocBox 3 & 4 canbus - split PPM between 1-2 & 3-4
9 Likes

Can’t remember, i just ripped it out as soon as it stopped working. Once i get a bench setup happening i will try to fix it.

Not dual receivers?

5 Likes

Dude, easy.

9 Likes

Smells like another split comin’.

2 Likes

Just shell out for a unity, that bitch can push amps and I trust Jeff to keep us safe. Plus you can do it on your phone cmon!

5 Likes

Where in the Sam Hill do 2 Unities cost $1000? You can get two on amazon for $600 in two days!

And I just realized that’s only for the US and you’re in Australia where the company is freaking based… get your shit together Enertion.

3 Likes

Wait why does he need 2?

1 Like

Bankruption Unity: costly 2 will me set me back $1000 dollaroos

I assume an AWD board?

2 Likes

Seems weird to do an AWD board if you’re worried about money

6 Likes

weird…

I found you the voice of reason…

3 Likes

That’s for 4 Trampa VESC™️ 6

Edit. Isn’t it like 4.5 x cost of unity?