VESC FW 5.x - Beta Testers wanted [SERIOUS]

Were you annoyed by the “Duty cycle max start” feature ?

1 Like

yes, i have read the old code in detail and think it had some logical errors in it (not yet seen whats changed). . . but im on storm core and @Deodand fixed the defaults for the stormcore builds long time ago so whatever :grin:

My thoughts on the matter here VESC HD, a credit card sized twin motor controller

EDIT: looks like the code that changed to fix this is here:

but im not really sure i understand what it does.

5 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes

Been out for an icy ride today. My very qualitative research makes me feel like something has changed with the traction control. It seems much more jerky and “skippy” than before under breaking or heavy acceleration.

need to do some more riding before i can fully work out what conditions seem to be causing this or if its just because of the ice but thought its worth a mention in case anyone else notices anything similar.

8 Likes

You will be upset as I need to submit a small pull request for our hardware too (woops). But I think it will be ok to shift that date back slightly I’ll get the change in today.

I think you will be really excited when you eventually see what that code Ben pushed is about :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hmm 60D PLUS… I bet it is a new board revision with additional uart?

3 Likes

Yeah just some minor improvements here and there

7 Likes

Called it

5 Likes

Is that so you don’t have to call the first round beta 2.0?

Pretty much everything in this community could be considered beta for the quantities we are talking about. I’m sorry if you have been negatively impacted by any imperfections in the product.

Personally I am proud of the level of polish we have achieved thus far and looking forward to the continued improvements and fixes we implement as time moves forward. I don’t think casting these efforts in a negative light with sarcastic comments does much for anyone.

6 Likes

I get where you’re coming form, but you must see that releasing another iteration with “plus” in the name just because it does what the first release should have done is a bit underhanded.

Also, you’re still selling first batch stormcores, right?

We haven’t announced this yet so you are making incorrect assumptions. I agree with your sentiment. It will include a few other improvements. Think similar to the differences when they do an s version of a phone.

2 Likes

@Deodand any chance current stormcores or PLUS versions will support ASS?

yep, thats the one

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think most esc based on vesc will work with Advanced Sensorless Startup.

3 Likes

Could it be that ASS is just an auto-configurator for HFI? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

If they chose this method, absolutely not
SFS_algorithm.pdf (963.7 KB)
If it’s some hfi 2.0, most likely?

Please guys, could you stick to the topic of the thread?

3 Likes