VESC 6 EDU, the new little brother of the VESC 6

can’t the current trampa vesc 6 run 120a with proper cooling? and do any of the cool new features (sHFI etc) work on pre vesc6 mkV hardware?
vesc 6 edu looks pretty cool and will be interesting to see light weight epenny boards

1 Like

The SIX MK V is the first one to feature phase filters. So that is the bare minimum.
The upcoming iteration has some improvements and is therefore more stable at very high loads.
In consequence it can be pushed even further.

1 Like

Might also have to do with the motor and the KV rating. Not every motor is perfectly suitable for such methods. Luckily 14 pole outrunners with the typical KV we all use are very suitable.

How about 140 kv Can it be run with shfi

should be fine

anything f from 100-200 ish give out take

140 should be totally fine.

What’s the oldest that would work with sHFI? I got FocBoxes and Unitys with sensorless motors

3 phase shunts and phase filtering are needed. The Focbox and Unity only feature 2 battery sided shunts. They are basically HW4.12 based and come with the downsides of that design.

2 Likes

In this thread:
@Evwan clearly coined the term shfi and trampa definitely owes him money for using a term he created. That’s how it works, right frank?

Also, does the new individual gate driver system used instead of the standard DRV have any benefits in terms of preventing drv faults? I am not very savvy on that stuff.

4 Likes

Is it safe to run screaming HFI?

I think you mean ScrH™FI®©

3 Likes

This seems to suggest from Trampa’s end that HFI can work but definitely not ASS, OP says otherwise but maybe that’s just because they tried to go all the way to ASS that does need phase filters and 3 shunts

1 Like

When will the vesc6 mkVI be released? What will differentiate it from the current model? Does the current model have the requisite hardware to use this sHFI technology you speak of? Will the stormcore 60D+ work?

From Trampa’s website.

The VESC 6 will be re-designed & re-released in Septermber, Re-Marked as the VESC 6 MKVI & will be up for advance purchase as soon as we have a delivery date confirmed.

Looks like “Septermber”

Based on what’s in Vedder’s GitHub it looks like the IMU will change and it’ll be linked up via SPI (instead of I2C), a win for balance applications but not really a change for general esk8 use.

1 Like

Please tell me you are familiar with “swerve drives” from FIRST robotics.

I think it would be incredible if Trampa sold a swerve module.

2 Likes

feel like Patrick has the market pretty cornered atm, and he has the advantage of actually being involved with an frc team, but would certainly be interesting to see if trampa could come up with anything innovative.

1 Like

Considering a small 6S battery could be onboard the module along with the controller thus eliminating basically all the mechanical drive parts they don’t already stock. The idea in general is very feasible, for a robot printing the module frame could lower end user BOM from trampa to very low cost.

Then you need a central brain that also powers the modules rotation, sending drive signals. Bonus points if it has an automatic swerve module battery changing mechanism.

Yes, the MKV already supports sHFI.

New features:
The MKVI will have automatic sensor voltage switching via software, 2 x UART, SPI IMU, a bit higher current handling and Spin To Start can be disabled or enabled.

The sale of the MKVI will begin in the next days.
Production is already prepared and starting with the delivery of a missing component.

The VESC 6/75 will have the same features and is arriving around mid June. The only difference is the voltage rating and current handling and the fact that the 6/75 has no Spin To Start.

1 Like

Are we talking less current or more? :eyes:

More!

1 Like