Venom Mach 1 - Discussion and Pulley Thread

I’ve got some 16t ones you can have for shipping

2 Likes

boom, done thanks @moon

1 Like

noice, I know that I could have made the pulley more compact (have the bearing seat closer to the wheel bearing) but it is more expensive

2 Likes

Just wondering how hot you need to get these up to till open up? When I put my bearing up against the hole it feels like the hole is the same size as the chamfer on the bearing - does it really expand that much?

1 Like

I put bearing in the freezer

1 Like

Decided on these wheels for my next build. I’m going to try and squeeze everything on these standard Caliber II trucks.

I designed my own pulley with a shared wheel bearing, that will hopefully hold up fine being 3d printed. It feels strong, but time will tell.

11 Likes

Thats cool, dont think that would be easily machinable

4 Likes

No, me neither. I’m hoping that the 3d print will be strong enough.

4 Likes

.stl? For the pulleys…

2 Likes

Is there really something to the Venom Mach 1s that deserve a one-off, unique pulley for them? how about the Ahmyo Akashas? surely there’s something to them! need a comparison between them @longhairedboy

1 Like

I have both, they are very similar.

1 Like

ahmyo akashas will fit a 32T kegel core insert pulley beautifully too. I have a small nickel build I’ve been working on for a good while now using those. Single drive 9S4P.

3 Likes

only 57mm of CP though vs 70.

1 Like

I’ve had them on my falcon for about a month now. They’re pretty awesome. They grip really well and are amazing on smooth roads. I feel like I can carve a lot harder with these wheels than the boa’s I switched from which are still great wheels.

3 Likes

Ah… so that’s the reason

Mach1 or Akasha?

mach 1’s :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like a hummie in the making!

I haven’t ridden the Ahmyo wheels, though they look p good. Venoms feel a lot like my favorite longboard push wheels, the biggie hawg 73, only the extra 5mm makes a ton of difference for rolling over cracks/bad stuff.
I had them on a short deck w/ mini trucks for a while and it felt like riding a steam roller in the best way possible. Went over everything, rolled for days.

4 Likes

Fair enough, just wondering if there are any other wheels that contain the Mach1 cores… if they chunk or wear out - your choices of different wheels would be quite limited (apart from changing the pulleys).