Rideneo - Vendor ID Discussion

8 Likes

Wow, you will scare future vendors away…

3 Likes

Damn, what a read. The highs, the lows, the dramatic twists and turns. I felt like Stewie in that Family Guy scene I saw 10ish years ago where he stays up all night reading the Bible then crashes out in his cereal as soon as he stops.

So I found which episode it was, pulled it up on Hulu and found the spot. Took a bunch of perfectly timed screenshots to capture all of stewie’s book reactions to comically summarize how this reading experience played out!

It was all coming together, mystery gang pulled on some masks, some masks said ow that my face, and I’m strapped with all the images I need to make a righteous comment. Life’s good

All of Hulu’s screenshots

Night!

2 Likes

I can’t download i’m too drunk

4 Likes

Damn that was a long thread, didn’t know that shit was happening. like @sesat mentioned, don’t you need a Chinese partner to start a business in China? That is where I would bet te connection is between those 2.

Anyways, I surely hope Jeff delivers everything that people ordered and more on future orders.
I hope we won’t be left with only top tier ESCs I cannot afford.

The other ESC makers must be really happy now.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Holy shit, busy day here boys…
It’s boils down to buyer beware doesn’t it.
I’m a Neo customer, and after seeing the Enertion shit show from the sidelines, recognise that buying esk8 gear online isn’t exactly a risk free endeavour.
But I took my chances, based on my own judgements about others experience and comments from members who seemed to know @jeffwuneo. Fingers crossed my DHL tracking shows some movement soon… :joy:
I am currently reserving judgment, but probably like other with orders, feel uneasy about this situation. I want to believe!! :laughing: :man_facepalming:
The suggestion that all vendors have some other method of verification might hold some merit, but should be voluntary and still might not prevent people getting ripped off. It should not be mandatory. No idea how you do that. The idea would be promoting openness and setting a higher than minimum standard that is on an opt in basis for vendors. Good vendors will do it (whatever it might be) and dodgy ones might not? People can then have better information and some more reassurance about vendors. It is more necessary for new players.
Effectively it is about trust, which good brands are built on. That comes from track record - being visible, genuine honest and responsive. Is there a way to establish that trust more quickly (as a community) for the community with new vendors? @torqueboards seems to have struck a good balance with the community - don’t often hear bitching about their service and products. @Sender has stepped up the game and shown of 99% visibility recently… Flipsky, not so much (but people know what they get with them…). but you take your chances with known entities. New vendors are harder to judge - so BUYER BEWARE. It’s good to see Admin Mods stepping in here and trying to sort this shit show out. Where does this go now? Who’s writing the TLDR?

2 Likes

well that was interesting at the very least…

4 Likes

I don’t wanna start whole shit show of “where’s my tracking” posts, but can I ask when you ordered? I ordered from production batch and never recieved tracking or shipping notification (i know others are in same boat as me too).

3 Likes

Perhabs he means the neohubs since the new neobox batch has not been produced yet

3 Likes

Hubs last year. (Agree let’s not start that shitshow either.)

2 Likes

Hubs are all ship but we cannot control the shipping sorry. Is all send and paid for fastest shipping. Some have already deliver but many are waiting.

9 Likes

I know, have seen @Linny and @glyphiks received so I’m being patient… :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah… This is blocked in China :laughing:

2 Likes

good luck untangling your web of lies and deception

1 Like

Wow, ok i get it. You are pissed. But man you should really leave him alone for a bit… Guy had a mess of a day and you are screaming all over the forum about your refund not getting back to you… You asked for it In less than 24hrs … C’mon guy is on the floor already … Stop kicking him in the head…

10 Likes

Well done, thats the paypal deadlock I warned against, we’ve seen this happen before. Something unforseen happened, people get nervous enough to dispute, others follow and voila: Paypal locks everything down, preventing clearing the whole issue, everybody lose. Remember MOV-E?
@Lee_Wright I hope you don’t talk about me, I just tried to illustrate the other position, I didn’t blame anyone. Don’t like the situations where after a starter (understandably founded in you case, I admit) everybody jumps the train of blaming). I’m almost in the same position as you regarding the money spent. I’m a very paranoid person, at first the whole story was too good to be true but when everything turned out real I decided to get those hubs. While I paid for them I knew I was well aware of the possibility of losing that money (its the internet)
I finally got my tracking number, lets see what happens :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As is the VESC project. In fact I have been working with Benjamin Vedder on a new HV variant intended for hovercraft use.

However Vedder may not actually be aware or approve of my statement, but there it is anyway. Implied relationship means nothing without both parties agreement.

2 Likes

Jed Bogan is a cunt.

6 Likes

Can we safely assume that the Tesla Jeff posted is actually Jed’s(paid for by undelivered sales) or some random one?

Presumably a well-heeled factory ceo does not spend all day on a diy esk8 forum when they admittedly don’t ride?

Worker :honeybee: playin’