Vap ProCell 20A 4200mAh 21700…Molicel P42A rewrap

This appears to be a rewrap of the Molicel P42A conservatively rated at 20A. This is fantastic to see as it helps reduce risks, increases performance, and extends cycle life. Unfortunately they slightly exaggerated the current rating.

If you are in Europe and are having trouble finding P42A’s you could give this cell a try.

Full Test Report: Bench Test Results: Vap ProCell 20A 4200mAh 21700…overrated capacity but Molicel P42A rewrap | E-Cigarette Forum

9 Likes

Could these be B-stock or binned cells? Hence the rewrap? Or just a not so perfect but well within spec batch that got rewrapped anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah, the performance of these seems very similar to the questionable P42As I got from Imren, which are possibly lower grade but genuine cells.

4 Likes

Perhaps a lower grade. Unfortunately there’s no definitive way to tell.

These are performing a lot better than the junk Imrens and other weirdly low grade P42A’s I tested that were floating around earlier this year.

The ones I had were much worse than the standard Grade B Molicels that are available. The engineers I spoke to had no idea what was making them that bad and there was no budget for the testing that would have been required to figure things out….not for a situation like this (not involving a big customer).

4 Likes

Oh, interesting :face_with_monocle:

1 Like