| VantaBlack | 12s8p P42A | Trampa Holy Pro | AWD | BN-AT

It’s not that bad with an angle grinder. If I had to do it again I’d use a jigsaw

1 Like

UPDATE:

I have @Ace visiting this weekend so my main ride has to be in tip top shape!

1. Redo the expoxy on the @SabreDynamics wings. I think I had to do it multiple times because I’m bad at epoxy. Took me way too long to learn that I had to heat it up. Now they’re on really really good.

2. Redo the grip tape, easy

3. Change the rear tires , I’m really gonna miss my @XBoard tires :confused: Switching to evolve 7in for now.

4. Increased the pulley ratio for more torque

5. Make the lights look less like Mr. Krab’s eyes

Results:

9 Likes

Sir, that honda is clearly parking in a no parking zone. Please respect ADA-SK8 regulations. Diameter challenged vehicles are still vehicles.

1 Like

I gave my roommate a ticket months ago and have yet to receive payment

1 Like

@jack.luis my trampa ain’t making it. Just bringing the night bloomer

1 Like

I’ll steal one of Brent’s boards for you to borrow

1 Like

Only one has range higher range than 12 miles rn 🥲

3 Likes

Now it has gear drives. Can someone tell me what gear ratio Kaly helicals are?

6 Likes

4:1

1 Like

Within one week I had my unity die, my charging cease to work, and my wings started falling off.

I replaced the BMS thinking that it was faulty, then new one had the same issue. I found out that there was a cold solder joint at one of my bullet connectors. I soldered those about a year and a half ago maybe, I guess my soldering skills were a lot lower back then. I fixed that pretty quickly.

All have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved (epoxy curing)

Now this thing has a storm core 60D and I no longer feel like I need to change the motors because HFI works really well on this hardware holy cow

8 Likes

SHE’S BACK

I let the battery drain to 0V, whoops

12s7p p42a upgrade

The unity stinks, 60D upgrade

The kaly motor finally died,BN-AT gears and motors upgrade

Sensors: Coming soon

3 Likes

Didn’t even catch it on fire somehow.

Amateur

1 Like

that battery is still in my closet lol.

wait look at the title

MOLICEL P52a?!??!?!?!?

3 Likes

The tech is not there yet, even the P45B isn’t released, it can only be a typo

joke-not-getting-the-joke

1 Like

Nah I have prototype cells from molicel

/s

UPDATE

The @SabreDynamics 3D printed wings kept falling off, probably because I don’t know how to prep a surface for adhesives.

But what I do know is how to make stuff out of sheet metal….

These are super solid, definitely not going anywhere

Ummm what else did I do…

I got my universal heatsink installed with thermal paste, and I changed the 8in fatties for generic 9in tires that are 10x better balanced.

Oh, and the sensors work now, cannot live without that

10 Likes

You used epoxy to glue them? Some epoxies have issues adhering to PETG, best solution is using sikaflex or something like it, its a PU based glue/sealant. It handles like a silicone kindoff. @Andy87 used that and since ive recommended it to many others which had good results. There is also the 3M vhb tape option, can be bought on amazon.

Your solution looks pretty cool though well done! sheet metal master :wink:

5 Likes

Definitely no issues with your part! I know it could work, but I never say no to an excuse to bend some stainless haha

I have a version two already in the works that look a lot better

5 Likes

Sikaflex definitely works perfectly. If on hand, using some primer first, does help for some extra strength. I could basically lift the board on the wings without them getting off. Still easy to remove using a razor blade and cut between the deck and the blades.
Using epoxy or similar stiff bonds are a bad choice. Due to the flex in the deck, they will break off over time.

2 Likes