uSplit - UART Splitter for VESC-based ESCs

Splart FTW!

2 Likes

Yo yo, you got some unanswered questions in your DM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’re now answered :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Beta testing is now underway :grin:

There are currently 6 testers with the splitter in hand. Because shipping to Europe is expensive, there are 2 more testers waiting for any other European testers to join. This would bring down shipping cost.

If anyone is interested in becoming a beta tester, please PM me.

2 Likes

I’m in the states if you need another US based tester. Just found out recently that I’m desperately in need of one of these. I use a uart based remote (OSRR) and a DAVega prototype. But I’d also like to log with my metr module too. Which is impossible at the moment. Ugh…

5 Likes

Is that enough griptape, to hold you in place?

1 Like

I could skate barefoot with no grip tape if I wanted to. :wink:

5 Likes

Once my build is (re)done I’m putting this bad boy in there. I’m only gonna need you to hurry up on them ttl so you can take my money :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Tell that @klaus79856 in two weeks. He found, that the griptape surface is too small.

The naming poll is now closed. The tally from both sites with duplicates removed is:

• uSplit - 14
  • Splart - 9
  • Uriccosplit - 2

Thank you to all who voted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Who the hell chose uSplit over Splart? Impossibru!

3 Likes

From a marketing point I feel usplit will be easier to say in multiple accented languages

4 Likes

Funny. I almost bought a DAVEga yesterday. Someone beat me too it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rofl: any of your ttl betas doubling the beta program?

1 Like

I would definitely recommend getting a DAVEga, its a really cool addition to any build. You could still get one from flipsky. They actually share part of each sale with @janpom. Or if you can wait, a larger DAVEga is in the works right now. That might be a better fit for you build.

As for the testers, 4 of the TTL testers are also testing the splitter :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ricco So out of 6 testers only me and another guy have been left out of the ttl loop? Dammit

1 Like

@Ricco This beauty is just screaming “where’s my buddy TTL?”

3 Likes

@Ricco might as well add one on my ttl then. I’ve been drooling over the DAVEga for a while. … actually. You should build it into my ttl and make it a single unit. Better for marketing the ttl later. :smirk:

1 Like

@Ace Will do. What splitter do you want? 2 or 3 way? Adding the splitter functionally to the TTL control module is a great idea! Hopefully there is room for a second UART port and space in memory for the code. I’ll add it to the list of updates I want to look into for the next rev of the TTL control module.

@Flasher, sorry but I have to draw the line somewhere. If it makes you feel better, there are actually 9 uSplit testers right now, 5 of which aren’t testing the TTL system so your in the majority :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I see that your lights are addressable strips. Those wouldn’t work with the TTL system atm since it can only control analog strips. I have the analog to digital adapter designed but not coded, so what if I give you a shout when I do get around to implementing the code. I’ll definitely need people to test that out.

3 Likes

@Ricco I’m prolly going for a Davega before the meter pro since the ttl already has blue tooth capability. So just a two way splitter for now

1 Like

Sure thing. In the meanwhile I’ll be keeping tabs with @Ace as we apparently have similar needs in current :slight_smile:

2 Likes