Using Maker X esc with Hoyt Puck

So, even though this is like my 5th build, I’m kind of a noob when it comes to remotes. I usually only use the mini remote.

Also, this is my first time using a dual vesc rather than two singles (other than the unity)

So to make sure I don’t mess anything up, can anyone advise me as to where I would plug this receiver in? I’m a bit confused

Does the makerx not come with an adaptor? I would assume that it should plug into the PWM, 5v, GND

2 Likes

I’m assuming it would be here depending on whichever side is the master/slave. Might need an adapter

This is a different model, but they had an adapter to this one soldered directly onto the remote port

5 Likes

It should come with a plug for that port, you can just cut the wires and join to the receiver wires

1 Like

Yeah it didn’t come with an adapter or anything :sweat:

1 Like

Gotta get the adapter/wires and do some soldering. Idk where this version came from, the one on the site is what juju posted and is what I got back in Nov.

Hey @YUTW123 can you help me out here? Is there a reason it didn’t come with an adapter? What am I missing here?

Smh :unamused:

6 Likes

So, do I need to connect the two sides of the vesc with something too? Which PMW 5v and GND do I plug into? Just pick one and program one as the master?

1 Like

Yea just pick whichever side is the master, mark it with a marker just in case you have a deteriorating memory from years of drug abuse and then solder the receiver on there

@ryansinatra it’s been a while since I’ve read up on it so I don’t remember how the canbus is on this. Some dual vescs have a can switch, yours has two ports 🤷

2 Likes

Where is the bag of plugs that comes in it? You should have a plug in it to connect the two. You’ll probably have to cut the servo plug off the puck or find male servo plugs.

We integrated the serial port and pwm into a socket.
You only need to connect 3 wires of PWM 5v GND.

The 5p terminal cable is, in the accessory package.

5 Likes

Haha, sorry bro.

Yeah, this seems like the better option.

2 Likes

So the canbus is internally connected? I don’t need to connect them at all?

3 Likes

Already connected internally

4 Likes

So like this?

I’d rather not cut the wires on my Hoyt receiver. Does anyone know where I can buy the 3 pin connector that I can put on the adapters wire?

One of these is what I need. Anyone got one? Lol :joy:

1 Like

yeh. Correct.

1 Like

I actually do have one I think! But I won’t be home for another 8 hours :frowning: