USB-C for charging

90W single is the best I could find, unfortunately.

1 Like

Great minds think alike I guess.

9 Likes

At 90W a 10s4p board would take a little over 5 hours to charge from 0 to 100%

6 Likes

yeah charging usb c is good for small range board. I read that it’s charging at around 2.5A

2 Likes
1 Like

For our neoONE XS we build USB C charging into our BMS, can charge at 100W maximum.

13 Likes

Nice! are you also using the ZYPDS?

We built a charging circuit into our BMS which is part of our battery PCB.

2 Likes

is the BMS going to be available for purchase separately, and is it charge and discharge?
and got some pics to tease us with? :yum:

3 Likes

Yes we will release kits. It will first be in our travel safe neoONE XS battery which is a 99Wh travel friendly 12S battery. We will make another version later for higher capacity.

7 Likes

the ZYPDS is just $2.50. I just ordered two. I plan to make an external 100W USB-C boost to 42V/50V 5.5x2.5 adapter to save space in the enclosure.

2 Likes

ordered some myself, for ts100 :yum:

2 Likes

any updates for this project?
I was thinking about getting this, attaching it to the charging terminals and then hooking it up to something like this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=flush+mount+usb-c&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

2 Likes

I recommend the external method as I am displaying here. :slight_smile: I can make you one if you like.

I’ve been installing usbc in most of my boards for a year

I’m slowing down and concentrate on a small black box I can carry in my pocket

13 Likes

I guess the verdict is dongle life is the way to go :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey can I ask what model boost converter you’re using? The closest thing I can find is the DFRobot DFR0123, but it operates at a little lower voltage than yours does…

Would love to track the one you’re using down.

Cheers

Found it!
Thanks

Search amazon for B07Z5M89N1

2 Likes

Yeah, that looks like the same one.
I have found two to work and survive some harsh testing: the small one that you found on Amazon - it’s super tiny, but only goes to 40.5v, but it can take in as low as 5V!
And then a bigger one that needs 10V, but goes up to 60V. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264681962677

Both get hot, but though I really pushed them beyond how they’d be used, none failed.

7 Likes