[USA] Meepo Hurricane - Cracked Deck

Subject: [USA] Meepo Hurricane - Cracked Deck

Long story short, I got hit by a truck while crossing a crosswalk and it seems like the idiot who hit me ended up running over my board as well, so the carbon fiber deck is cracked underneath and now makes a cracking/crinkling sound when I stand on it.

Since it is not really safe to ride anymore, I am not only trying to see what my options are for making my board safe again, but am also seeing if there is anyone out there who could use the parts.

I just came across this site literally an hour or so ago, so if you want more pictures or better descriptions, just ask. :slight_smile:

Item 1: Bundle

Description: Basically a beat up, yet fully functioning board with an unsafe deck. 713 miles on it.

Included:

• Wheels: pneumatic all-terrain 155mm wheels and 90mm PU wheels
  • Battery: Li-ion, 21700-12S4P, 16.8Ah/725.8Wh
  • M4s Remote: def got a little banged up in the accident but it still connects.
  • Motors: 3500W*2 165kv BLDC motors
  • Chargers: 50.4V/6.5A Charger, USB Cable for Remote
  • Skateboard Tools
    Price (USD): $800 OBO + shipping costs

Uploading: IMG_3267.JPG…
Uploading: IMG_3266.JPG…
Uploading: IMG_3265.JPG…
Uploading: IMG_3264.JPG…
Uploading: IMG_3263.JPG…

Had a very similar thing happen to me, got hit by a car on my Hurricane almost a year ago. Tried fixing it with fiberglass, which did help but eventually cracked again and really wasn’t safe to ride.

This video is from before I tried to fix it. Joseph Bridges on Instagram: "Free hurricane flexy deck mod, no bamboo required. #lifehacks"
I would honestly just go for a deck swap or order a replacement deck from Meepo, but it depends how much you wanna spend and how much you believe in your ability to fix it.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. And hope you are ok and fully recovered after your accident. :slight_smile: I did reach out to Meepo to see if their bamboo deck would fit since I know the board I got is no longer manufactured. I think the battery for that one is a completely different shape though so I may be stuck with just the carbon fiber deck.

They asked for pictures of the board so I am still waiting to hear back from them to see what they have to say. But the board is literally 1/3 my body weight so it can get annoying sometimes lugging it around. Was just posting it here to see what I could possibly get for the parts and potentially downgrade to a smaller board.

1 Like