USA - Los Angeles - (CLOSED) Metro Board 155 tires Group Buy

Not necessarily merging. They’ll be separate lines of boards that may share items between each other

2 Likes

I believe ILAN is leaving metroboard. (which sucks. He seems cool. he was super communicative to me during this original bulk purchase. )

so, his partner and hoyt are making some kinda deal.

3 Likes

Not ideal. Assume they must be gonna sell more via metro then. :pensive: / :blush:

3 Likes

I’d assume so. I’ll keep pestering them and see if I can get anything out of them :cry:

On a separate not, what tubes do people use for metro 155 tyres or the evolve 155s. Can you get away with using a 7" inner tube in a 6" tyre? Reason I ask is because that’s the most easily available inner tube for me, without paying £10 a tube from evolve :eyes:

2 Likes

I have squeezed 7" tube in a 155. it’s was a bit awkward getting it in. but it worked and lasted the life of the tire.

I also have about 10x 155mm tubes where the valve stem is pointed the wrong way, ( parallel with the tube ) some people made them work by bending the valve stem themselves… others by just letting it twist. (I got a leak at the valve stem sometimes ) which I can send someone for cost of shipping in the US. ( guessing maybe $4.00 for 2 ? )

3 Likes

That’s the kind I need to fix my TB AT tire set. PMing

1 Like

Ok I have convinced them…MOQ 500 units…155s inbound!

10 Likes

Unit price?

3 Likes

Dibzzzz

2 Likes

Lol wut? You just ordered 500 tires?

2 Likes

They said 7$ per unit without any negotiation, not sure how firm they are on price.

1 Like

Not yet - need to gauge interest first!

Potential metroboard 155 group buy @ $28 per set of tyres & tubes (+ shipping + tax ) Vote how many sets (x4 tyres & tubes) you want!

0 voters

4 Likes

Just so I know, these do or do not fit Berg hubs?

1 Like

Do not fit hubs designed for bergs or 6x2 clever tires

4 Likes

I’ve also asked them before, hope you can make this happen :wink:. just put it here…

8 Likes

Interesting, negotiations will be starting from $6.7 then :joy:

I think the only major stumbling block is that I’m UK, but that can be worked out when interest ig guaged!

3 Likes

@fessyfoo you need 52sets to last you this year :thinking:
:rofl:

7 Likes

i swear i’ve seen average rating of 6 at one point, how did it get down to 4 so quick again :joy:

1 Like

The poll is at 73 sets. 125 sets MOQ.

5 Likes