[US-TX] Onewheel XR (292 Miles)

Hello everyone!

I have a Onewheel XR for sale. I bought it back in June and I am wanting to get an actual electric skateboard. It is in very good condition and comes with:

• Original Box, manual, tools, etc.
  • Original Black Bumpers, White ones installed currently (front has small crack in the center)
  • Extra Rail Covers in white, black is installed
  • Regular Charger
  • White Carbon Fender

Price: $1700 Shipped

Pictures:

*** HELMET NOT INCLUDED ***

1 Like

What is the hardware version? Is this a 4209, pre-4209, or post-4209?

Im not too sure, how can I find out?

Turn the board on and connect with the smartphone application.

It is 4210 and thank you

1 Like

Now I’m curious, what differences are there between them?

2 Likes

The 4210 and up have issues with VnR.
4210 will work with the OW app closed.
4212 wont work at all I believe.

2 Likes

Amount of vendorlock and repairability. The further past 4209, the worse. The further pre-4209, the worse. 4209 had maximum functionality and minimum vendorlock and maximum repairability.

I think versions just prior to that had a lot of bluetooth problems.

2 Likes

Is that a swappable part or the vendor locks are apple-like and lock you out for using unpaired parts?

Things like “You can fix the BMS, but only if you buy it from Future Motion, send the board to them, and buy a battery and new motor as well at 558% markups” or “You can use a third-party smartphone app, but we’ll just brick your motherboard next time you connect ours” (these are made-up fictional examples)

4210 probably has a minimum of that, but not as small as 4209. Not sure on the exact deets

So “like apple”

4 Likes

The 4210 and up bms and controller are also paired, so if one breaks you cant simply replace one. You will need to replace both.

3 Likes