[US][California][WTS local] Trampa DIY full build - Geardrive - 200Kv - 12S4P 30q underbody

Hoping the locals browse here - San Diego, CA local pickup $1200

Selling because the motors either need new Hall sensors or the Focbox needs recalibrating and I don’t have the time or know-how. I had a couple battery cells replaced and I have not been able to figure out VESC myself. Motors stutter from a standstill but is very easy to push off or do a scoot to get them spinning full speed (this is why I assume it may be the HALLs). Battery percentage also not showing on remote. Assuming these are pretty easy fixes for you DIY people.

Specs -----

Deck: Trampa

Trucks: Trampa Vertigo with Dampa bushings in the back

Motors: 8085 200Kv

Battery: Samsung 12s4p 30Q

Bindings: MBS velcro foot straps for Goofy-footed riders, would need to re-drill for Regular

Hubs and wheels: 8 inch pneumatic tires with Sunmate Superstar hubs

Charger and remote: Flipsky VX2 - 4amp charger with fan

Pulley: 3D Servisas Spur Gear Drive motor pulley = 8T wheel pulley 30T

VESC: Focbox Unity dual 80A ESC

4 Likes

@KaramQ hey mr pawn shop u wanna deal with this?

1 Like

what brand are the motors? having trouble finding any info on an 8085 200kv. it’s an interesting build for sure. I’m on a fence looking at it

1 Like

I also couldn’t find info about these motors when I went looking. The the only info I have from the original owner is: “8085 200Kv motors were designed for Kaly but didn’t get to be used in his boards”

If I opened up the motor casing is there typically brand/specification information inside?

Here is a closer pic of them

1 Like

yeah damn those motors are massive. i don’t think you’ll find any info inside :man_shrugging:t2: i see that it’s a kaly board now… it must rip. does it have the torque to get you up steep hills?

1 Like

Yeah it hasn’t failed to get me up anything reasonably climbable, even at 230lbs+gear.

It performs best when at speed, which I understand with high KV motors you don’t tend to get max torque unless going like at least 8-10mph, but anything above that speed is just easily chewed up no matter how steep and just rolls over everything with the 8" tires.

Has been a lot of fun, I just know it will thrive in the hands of someone with more DIY skills and I’m more of a prebuilt kinda guy.

1 Like

This ain’t a pawn shop buy💀

1 Like

would this eskate be good for racing

1 Like

As far as I know with racing you want really big motors like this has but I’m not sure if the Samsung cells would be as good as a Molicel pack? Maybe someone can correct me. Also not sure what kind of deck is best for racing I would think a dropdown is preferred.

no

1 Like

@flippydoo
What’s the range on this bad boy?

I haven’t done a range test on it but looking at other prebuilts with the same 12s4p 30q pack they are saying 20-30mi with a 160lb rider. I have only ridden it off-road with lots of steep hills and I’m heavier, so obviously getting a lot less mileage than that, but the longest mountain trail I’ve done is 11mi.

2 Likes

I’ll take offers below asking btw, just PM!

1 Like

Still available

Sold

1 Like