[US] Boardnamics M1 gear drives -- street 2.78 ratio straight cuts

M1 gear drives – street 2.78 ratio straight cut

Dual-drive set for BN270
Price (USD): $220 shipped within US

Details & photos

Includes: 2 pcs motor plate, 2 pcs gearbox cover, 2 pcs straight cut gear set, 2 pcs BN270 truck adapters (for 10mm axle), 2 pcs kegel wheel adapter, and hardware kit.

Dual-drive set for BN220
Price (USD): $220 shipped within US

Details & photos

Description: 2 pcs motor plate, 2 pcs gearbox cover, 2 pcs straight cut gear set, 2 pcs BN220 truck adapters (for 8mm axle), 2 pcs kegel wheel adapter, and hardware kit.

A TOTAL of 7 sets are available, able to be configured for either BN270 or BN220 trucks (you choose). Straight cut gears only. Kegel wheel adapters only.

Before you ask – sorry, no M1-AT available.

Background info & FAQs
  • Where did these came from? Primarily from Nexus Boards who used to distribute (among other brands) Boardnamics products in UK and EU. They closed shop ~1.5 years ago. This is their overstock, except converted from helical to straight cut.
  • Why do the motor pinions look different? BN was done with quantity runs of custom gears. For these, Kevin modified a standard gear to shorten the collar. Cosmetically different but functionally equivalent.
  • Any Abec wheel adapters? No. Only Kegel.
  • Speaking of the wheel adapters, they have a 6900RS bearing installed - for 10mm axle. If you wish to run on a pure 8mm axle (BN220) it will need to be replaced with a 608RS bearing. I am willing to do that upon request.
  • M1-AT ? Still no. Street drives only.
  • Warranty offered? No. My only guarantee is these will go RREEEEEE and put a smile on your face.

I am willing to do International shipping. Provide an address and I will get you a quote.

I can accept payment thru Paypal, Venmo, Cashapp, and Zelle.

4 Likes

Dropping some Boardnamics links here for reference…

3 Likes

17707144648902111656295809282129

8 Likes

Glad to see these finally listed Neil! It feels like years ago when we first approached Kevball about those gears :joy::man_facepalming:

For anyone who needs to hear it: I’ve known Neil for years, he’s a member of the PDX esk8 community. He’s a good dude who wont ghost you. And if he does, just hit me up, I know where he lives :smiling_face_with_horns:

6 Likes

1 Like

I’m looking for a geardrive kit that fits flipsky 15.22 inch trucks . These were listed as a potential fit but I don’t think so.

Indeed I think those trucks are not compatible.

1 Like

One option i thought of is to have a spacer made and welded on to close the gap do to improper fitment . The gap is 1 inch and the circumference where the bracket actually mounts is almost 6 inches

I would strongly advise using a drive made for whatever trucks you’re using. Or using trucks made for whatever drive you’re using.

3 Likes

These still available?

Yes, I still have a few sets available. PM me to make arrangements.

@b264 and @Linny could vouch for the sets they purchased. I’m not super active on this forum but am a trustworthy fella.

1 Like

Neil’s a solid, buy em!

1 Like

Message sent, please let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

1 Like

@donkeystew - Have you gotten the chance to build with the BN270 set you purchased yet?

I’m about to ship an identical set to New Zealand and looking for some assurance you had all the bits & pieces you expected / needed.

2 Likes

These still available? May be interested in a set of M1s for bn270. it is possible to get extra gears?

A few sets still available. Can configure for BN270 compatibility.

Cannot provide extra gears, as I have just enough for the full complete sets. (I do have lots of the helical gear sets but trust me you don’t want those!)