Urethane wheels on a lathe?

So has anyone put wheels on a lathe before?
I want super wide 90mm wheels.
Thinking 107mm abec 11s cut down to 90mm would be cool.
Anyone have any insight?
@RipTideSports tagging you because you’re THE urethane guy

1 Like

Damn damn damn. Okay. Well at least i know it’s possible.
I just need to get pulleys for these Venom mags.

Check messages

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Fucken give me a chance m8. I’m drinking a mint choc frostino thing

5 Likes

I thought I was the only one bothered by the fact that no vendor offer this option.

3 Likes

I wish all the abec wheels were as wide as the 107mm…

I want both a 125mmx100mm and 90mmx100mm wheel option lol.

4 Likes

I definitely want 125x100.

That shit sounds awesome.

3 Likes

I want those abec wheels hummie has. They look amazing. Or maybe someone to make gears for the venom mach 1’s. The main reason I still use Boa’s is because they’re wide and grippy af.

2 Likes

@moon has mach1 pulleys around the corner. You’re talking about centrax but they don’t have a core to get a pulley into.

3 Likes

yeah i will have pulleys and gear drives for those wheels

4 Likes

Hold my beer…

3 Likes

@mmaner weren’t you messing around with drilling centrax at one point? Did that ever come to anything?

3 Likes

how many teeth on the pulley?

1 Like

32T 10ccccc

2 Likes

I was, it did not. I didnt find a reliable way of installing a base for a pulley. Need a core for it to be reliable and centrax wheels with a core are rare as rocking horse turds :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

Worth a try!

2 Likes

Before I had to downsize my shop, I resurfaced urethane wheels for my local roller derby team.
Pretty easy, but leaves quite a bit of a mess.
I used carbide bits and about 500 rpm for the hard wheels and 1000 rpm for the soft road wheels. no need to freeze the wheels, just take shallow (<.1 inch) cuts to avoid chunking

2 Likes

Certainly it is done a lot but it can be very messy, hazardous and a bit wasteful.

4 Likes

Couldn’t you set the wheels in a bucket full of dry ice? You can get dry ice at most grocery stores fot a few $$$.

1 Like