Updated my fsesc vx1

We’re you useing the latest vesc tool and firmware?

yup, fresh vesc tool download and latest firmware

1 Like

What was flipsky full response? Just split uart or did they tell you to try something else first?

asked if i updated firmware, if the canbus was connected, if i tried ppm. then they said to run it split and if i had the cable to run it split

1 Like

Did you end up keeping the can bus connected or disconnected after splitting the cable?

Left it connected. Spins on the dot. Havent tested it on the road yet. Middle of a face lift since I didnt jump on the gb jet killshot

1 Like

So just to confirm your setup is 2 single fesc 6.6 connected via can bus and running split uart correct?

Correct

1 Like

You should have both ESCs connected via CAN and the signal input (UART in your case) should be on one VESC only (we call this VESC Master). Setup is done via Wizard, Slave VESC will get its commands from the Master via CAN BUS.

Split setups are sort of stupid and totally against the philosophy of the VESC-Code base. Everything should only be interconnected via CAN.

2 Likes

As Trampa says. You don’t need to split the UART.
I have the new VX2 running on UART to one focbox which communicates the info over can to the slave. Newest tool and newest firmware.
This is where I downloaded from.

3 Likes

Got it working then?

Yes. It works. The dead band is massive but altered the throttle curve and it is usable.
Flipsky are in the process of reducing the deadband and making the screen brighter. So hopefully I’ll get one of these to test when it’s available. I’d be interested to hear from anyone else who has received one of these and what they make of it.

2 Likes

Thats actually weird because my new improved benchwheel also has a new improved dead band. I have had 2 of these things and this is new to me. Never had to mess around with curves to get it to work before. This is not clever either. Straight ppm/pwm connection. No uart.
Might be some sort of safety thing the chinese manufacturers are implementing. Idk?

Which wizard? The input wizard? Is there a option for uart in the imput wizard? Flipsky keeps on saying it’s plug and play buy but I’m assuming you need to assign a vesc ID for the can-bus to work but where would you do that if your useing a uart remote?

I have the 1.16 tool. And updated firmware from the tool. But when I setup the motors it doesn’t ask about master and slave.

1 Like

To me it appears that once everything is updated to the latest firmware/tool it should be plug and play with a Single uart cable if your vescs are wired via Can-bus so something is off or not working with your setup.

not sure why its not working the proper way

1 Like

There is an option called uart_band_something you need to enable. Will upload screenshot later.

Edit : it’s actually can_status_message_mode under app settings ->general. Not sure if this will help you.

2 Likes

awesome, checked it out. i’ll update it and see, headed out to a concert at the moment

1 Like