[Untitled] Direct Drive for Avenue RKP Baseplate

will the torque of the motor effect the spring of the Avenue trucks? Maybe it’s not much torque in relation to how stiff the spring is.

Ur using mild steel for the axle?

2 Likes

The “spring” of the avenue rkp plate takes about 1000lb to fully compress.

5 Likes

Yes i will. I posted the Type Number, so you can look up the stats.

1 Like

Looks like a franka emika panda, a nice little cobot.

@Benjamin899 Nice project, where are you working from ? Looks like a nice workshop you’ve got here.

My University. We do alot of cool shit here.

4 Likes

It’d be dope if you’re able to design a RKP truck for the elofty motors. Right now they only come in dkp (tkp) and quite a few people would be interested in a RKP truck.

You can buy the “motor truck kit” for $70 to measure/copy:

3 Likes

no shipping fee? they are legit?

1 Like

Hallbach array and then can do aluminum.

Can u do dd with those kind of trucks where the axle will experience a lot of torque? Thought would bind

2 Likes

yeah that website is “legit”. a couple of members on here have ordered the direct drive kits from them and they worked well

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

I could do a test sample.

BTW small update, there have been delays. I will first finish my own CNC first and do it myself. The people who wanted to do my job declined after seeing my technical specifications and another wanted almost 3000€. I will probably do a rework with less tight fittings and switch to threads and bolts.
This is the machine we are working on, we didnt build it from ground up but it was gifted to us. But it has a lot of flaws and we had to make adapters and exchange all sensors and completly remake the electronics. The best part of this machine is the spindle, a 1.1kw Elte HF Spindle with ER25 collet.
We will try and make it move each axis and see if it works. Originally i wanted to build from the ground up and i am positive it would have been less work.

6 Likes

It’s alive. And Temperature is fine too.
IR_00275

2 Likes

well done. We have the same motors :grin: I am thinking of upgrading to closed loop at least, since now are rather cheap compare the past. For the rest they served me well so far

2 Likes

These seem to be popular
https://www.sorotec.de/shop/CNC-Controls/Closed-loop-Systeme/leadshine-closed-loop-systems/Closed-loop-Systeme-384/

as servo I was lokking to the 180W JMC servo. Sorotec has them as well. There are videos out there of them flying on the CNC. THey should have a software to help with hte tuning but that what holds me back a bit. Otherwise price wise they are amazing. For closed loop I would grab it from stepperonline. They are widely used, shipping from UK or Germany and price is unbeatable for Nema 24 and 34 hybrid closed loop.

1 Like

Alright. Time for an update. The cnc is build and running. Finished the first hanger and there were some hickups but it is usable. All what’s left is the rotor and small parts but that is easy. Here a pic of the finished part.

9 Likes

nice progress! Have you test fitted to see if the DD motor cans have enough clearance from the suspension plate when leaning?

4 Likes

I did it in cad. Not 100% sure but my problem is that this first peace is basically trash. I need to buy some new tools. My threads inside the body were not straight. And I need to optimize my cnc work. Maybe I will make mold or some other contraption to hold the Stock.

2 Likes

well, looks like another attempt at the suspension baseplates for hub motors are being made by “landsnail
Accessories

wow. At that pricepoint, wonder what materials they’re using to cobble these together.

3 Likes

Big oof. I am by no means an expert. But i would stick to Avenue. Who knows what material they used. But who knows maybe it is rly simple. Wheels look dope, but it is all still CAD models. I wanna see their real product.

1 Like

Yeah, a little suspect at that price point.
The only videos of the actual product are from some YouTube channel of a guy who basically has never skated before :