Unity PPM Cable

I’ll try not to. They just meant change to UART after programming is done right?

I’m a little confused by the wording

1 Like

yup, and make sure baud rate is set correctly…
I’m pretty sure you can set it how you want UART or PPM before hand, just don’t have the remote ON when programming…

I’ve never found the need to run a UART remote… I like simple/simple easy peasy almost unfukkable

1 Like

anything except actual work lol

2 Likes

does it offer advantage?

2 Likes

Im trying to figure out how to set this remote up on VESC tool. Doi just use PPM for input setup?

Lol, what the fuck do I know. Im not an antenna designer. let me ask my buddy. He makes antennas that go boom.

2 Likes

what’s the straight dipole radiation look like?

1 Like

EDIT: this is entirely incorrect, the model is broken

UGH, you gonna make me model that too? lol
gimem a minut. I know its been done

Im guestimating the bend makes it more directional and reduces maximum gain

This is wrong but I left it here anyway

this is a dipol bent in half, roughly

THis is right
here is dipol ( extends along Z)

3 Likes

that’s my shade-tree thoughts as well… is that modeling the radiation of a 1/4 wave or a 1/2 wave antenna length?

1 Like

I just did 15.5 mm for each half of the Dipol. Figured that would more represent a bent Dipol

1 Like

so let’s call it a “stock” antenna, but more directional and less gain… kinda like upping the power and 1/2ing the antenna length?

1 Like

What does this mean, in layman’s terms, since I haven’t dabbled in this stuff before

1 Like

in laymans terms if your board receiver antenna is aligned north/south your remote antenna should be aligned east/west for maximum performance

Well then you were right about them being perpendicular.

I guess I’ll try this VX1 remote. What do you suggest as far as unfucking the thing?

read the thread I posted above… me, @fessyfoo, and some others found some problems in the wire routing from the potentiometer to the PCB… that and always charge your remote when you charge your board is all it takes…

EDIT:
and… I don’t know for a fact how a UART separates data from control… in a multipath, or highly congested signal environment I see separation of control and signal very important, enuff so that I won’t use a UART remote…

YMMV

1 Like

Alright ill check it out. I’m also worried I might lose performance in certain aspects since I can’t change UART settings.

Right now, with the mini remote, I have the board set up to be super torquey. Dont want to lose that.

Im running the propper sim now.
I used an old setup for a patch antenna, so nothing matched.

Ultimately it is slightly more directional. But in order to compair actual gain, I would need to straighten this model and I dont have time for that lol
My guess is the maximum gain is also down. so its probably just a shitty bipol lol

@ethana4 We’re just fucking around. try and get your antenna as straight as possible and trye to get it to align with the length of the board. away from any metal

here we are:

2 Likes

:call_me_hand:t4: :thinking: :dash:

1 Like

“Access to HFSS does not an RF designer make” - Confusious

2 Likes

I like pretty pictures of radiation ~ k00k

2 Likes