Under deck enclosure options for trampa board.

haha, nice!

for a moment there I thought you burned bridges with the only two people in the world who will make you such an enclosure by being impatient.

2 Likes

Two people what do you mean?

@Eboosted and @BigBen are the only two people.in the world that make fitted deck enclosures

2 Likes

well, a few people here make them for their own boards, but these guys are the only ones that will sell them

2 Likes

Very true. Not to mention have experience. Not.to knock anyone’s talents. But is say the vast majority of diy enclosures are not as well fitted and clean as these two.

3 Likes

@glyphiks has teh talents and buck for a demonseed i think.

On the other forum whitepony? Not sure.

3 Likes

Everyone took inspiration from whitepony. The original master.

6 Likes

Tbf you were a big inspiration of me too :rofl:

1 Like

Also the guy from saint petersburg has a fibreglass enclosure for the hs11 volknik or valknik… Fak i forgot his name :rofl:

My first Kaly used an enclosure from that dude in Peru , at least 3 of my friends also have the same enclosure , I currently have the Kaly 2.0 enclosure , I don’t want to Sound ignorant (but I am about to do exactly that lol) my enclosure looks like it should be easy to make , it’s just a bit of plastic that’s been vacuum made no ? How come there is no-one churning these out and instead we have to order from the dude in Peru ? Is plastic this thick extremely hard to fabricate or require special machinery ?

2 Likes

We talking fiberglass enclosures here.
But you’re right, there is way too little people selling enclosures and it’s nuts that you need to beg dude from other side of the earth to get it.
And yes vaccum formed ones out of plastic shouldn’t be difficult, I also don’t mind having plastic one, will need to check bed size of the CNC mill at work tho.
Might be I would even sell these, with guaranteed postage within 24h or you get it for free…

1 Like

Its not plastic if im correct its hand laid fibreglass with epoxy :smiley:

1 Like

You talking like it being hand laid is good thing meanwhile all the shitshow started because of that exact reason.

1 Like

Im not saying its a good thing, its hand laid, this means its work done by hand so that means there a lot of times you can see that. However thats in itself a thing of beauty i think, it reflects the time people put in it. If you expect machine qualities you are looking at it wrong. I appreciate how much time it costs to make such things by hand and i think its hugely underrated indeed.

However its not a positive for everyone, like i said it is what it is and thats why not many people do it. You go make ur own enclosure, takes a lot of time and money to do.

And knowledge as well, which is also very underrated.

2 Likes

Took like 20 mins

2 Likes

I can do that in 20 mins as well ask @PixelatedPolyeurthan :rofl: wanna vacuum it or stamp? Can you cnc your own pieces for the buck or do you need to make them by hand? This is just a start eh i like where ur going though.

Still needs a place for wires :+1:

3 Likes

I’m into vaccum cleaners…
Oh shit yes need to add that step down between the sections.

1 Like

Its also a bit better to round the edges more, otherwise you will stretch the material too much. Sharp corners are very hard to have a material folded around, preferrably take an outer fillet 2x the thickness of your material inner fillet about 1x your material then.

Ofc you can make smaller corners, but chances of the material ripping will be much bigger and that spot will become a weakspot.

I think fusion 360 had enough for today…

There added that step down for wires and increased the fillet @LuuktH

2 Likes

then don’t, lol. make it yourself! I did. But it takes a lot of time and patience to get it right. :+1:

1 Like