Ultraboards – Ultra slim esk8 compilation | SERIOUS

Final form of the project that @davidbonde and I have been working on is starting to come into focus. Looking to provide a very low standing platform that is nearly at axle height, with a very slim enclosure that will support 18S9P 18650. Planning Molicel P30B. ~1750wh capacity. Real world Cruising range of 50mi. 35mi range absolutely flogging it on a cold day. 300A + peak discharge capable.

The current 18s8p Prototipo enclosure gaffed on for test riding is represented in the 3D Model by the mustard yellow strip. Gaining significant clearance for tight / low speed turning and carving, and about .3 -.5 cm of total clearance in the center. β€œCells” in the rough draft battery layout are over-sized .5cm in length and .2cm in diameter to allow for insulation, connections, general margin for error etc… with an additional .1cm of visual gap between groups.

Loads of comfortable concave and large 4cm drops on the deck. This board is designed around a specific spot to place your feet, and it HUGS them in place. The way this feels under foot is truly special.

I’m getting seriously excited about how short, nimble, low, and capable this board will be. Amazing cruiser / carver to compliment your Stooge V5 / SSS race board, or a fantastic street / track board for someone just getting into track riding, and wants to build something more cruising / carving focused.

19 Likes

You should make a build thread

7 Likes

I’m such a noob on this forum I’ve never created my own thread :rofl:
I will once it’s all done and final for sure.

10 Likes

Would this count as an Ultraboard?

6 Likes

Verified ultraboard will ride on the wheels when you flip it upside down but either way it’s close enough to call an ultraboard for sure

3 Likes

Looks like the entire build fits inside of the profile of the wheels so sure!

There are bonus points awarded for video of the board rolling upside down

Did a mini test of this and it juuust barely moves upside down. Scratches the hell out of the floor/ griptape though haha.
I could cheekily slap some 6.5” wheels on and get it to ride :eyes:

2 Likes

Just overinflate your tires :ok_hand:

3 Likes

IDEA deck with my prototype split angle drop brackets and 100mm wheels is just about there, although it might be scraping enclosure on turns :joy:

5 Likes

It looks like you might struggle to run inward mounted motors?

indeed, need to lengthen the brackets a bit potentially or use some really short mounts.

1 Like

18S9P 18650 confirmed to fit! Enclosure can not scrape on flat ground at full turn, with 3-links at minimum ride height setting.

Standing platform is only 1cm above the top of the axle height.

9 Likes

Is that enclosure ABS? I rocked an ABS enclosure for a bit and was impressed by how well it held up, as long as you use big washers for mounting

1 Like

This one is ABS and a kinda prototype press from Bonde. Alan at eboosted is making this shape also and that will be available in about 2 months.
Bonde will offer ABS enclosures to those who want to go that way, but we’re making sure there is another option for those who don’t want to mess with ABS

1 Like

Ha.
I just realized the Llama Link is an Ultra board.

15 Likes

An actual verified ultraboard in the ultraboard thread!

1 Like

haha I do think a video of it rolling upside down should be the bar

6 Likes

A real, real Ultra board must be shown being ridden upside down!!! :grin:

1 Like

haha maybe for style points

1 Like

Does it really count as an ultraboard if I’ve got 8.5in tires??