Ultraboards – Ultra slim esk8 compilation | SERIOUS

I think this also belongs here, looks great :relieved:

5 Likes

Thanks! Those pictures are from the first ride today. She is still a work in progress, need to dial in the trucks and install a second reinforcement rod in the motor mounts. I’ll also swap the Daly BMS to FlexiBMS and VX2 remote to Hoyt Puck.

Edit: adding a few pics here as well so ppl don’t need to search around different threads

10 Likes

Just seen this thread now.

No longer running the joint holders :cry: but I just checked and the 110’s are slightly higher :man_shrugging:

This board is fucking stupidly stable at speed and even though I have a badass evo on bergs, I still find myself grabbing the hummie more. Been really digging the 110’s on it, makes the board super low with rkp drop through.

15 Likes

I think mine counts as an ultraboard if we go by the wheels thing, DS is thicc tho

21 Likes

This might be my favorite in the whole thread. Shouts to dcesk8 think I remember seeing this in the telegram.

what enclosure and trucks did you end up using for this?

2 Likes

It’s an NYC board :wink: also thanks!

I do have a lot of DC friends though. It’s a custom fg+CF enclosure and Surfrodz rkp trucks.

Edit: build thread link

Although, the version 1 of the Bully deck didn’t last too long (my mistake), the only time I have tried was amazing.

19 Likes

those DD cans

20 Likes

Yeh MAD Storm. Need to transfer them to ChooChoo deck (Thanos build), but there they will be limited in power due to the battery. Should make a vtc6 or similar instead of 12s3p 30q. I used the MAD Storm Direct drive with 12s4p 80A motor max (for each motor) and 80A battery (total) and I was freaking out.

Dual 6384 motors inside. 53x53mm stator. Basically a cube :joy:

7 Likes

How does it deal with stones? Street sweeper in the front?

I really wanted to run 90mm so I made them as compact as possible but I should go 97mm to increase clearance (now is about 10mm). The cans are 3mm thick steel, for now they break stones :blush:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Damn, I’d like such a narrow hanger for my Eloftys
It’s so badass, changes everything

3 Likes

yeh a friend has elofty and indeed is too wide for certain decks. I always try to make drives as compact as possible. I do not like to go wide if not necessary. Of course reduce space is more difficult, you need more features in less space.
Anyhow this drive are not so narrow, the big motors force you to make is wider.

5 Likes

When are you coming back to the DD market? :wink:

2 Likes

ahahah the amount of work that took me for 16 drives was crazy (MAD Fury). The MAD storm are all from scratch, so it would require even more:smile: I stopped when I finally saw more options on the market.

5 Likes

Yeah I can’t imagine how long/difficult it was
and you probably had to deal with customers too which adds to the bill :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

the initial intent was to send it out as a kit, with Youtube tutorial to give a complete experience. I pre-modified the hub motors to fit the direct drive conversion. Then at the end I was afraid of some detail missed during the assembly so decided to mount them all. Meaning on top of the development ecc… I had 2 hours each drive from mod the hub motor to complete assembly. Was a super nice experience but took quite some effort, counting that I had time only during night after work. I do not regret it, I learnt a lot at the time.

4 Likes

Did you eventually film those youtube videos? That would be great to see the whole process

[Mods: sorry for derailing]

2 Likes

pm sent :+1:
Sorry for the off topic

2 Likes