UberEATS, Deliveroo, etc

I’m thinking of doing evening delivery on esk8 when I complete my build ( I live in the CBD so in theory, it is doable ). Has anyone here done that or know someone who done it and how did the whole thing go?

Will be using 12s5p, so can do about 55 km of delivery work each night. CBD is almost all completely flat.

2 Likes

Riding on the street is pretty dangerous already, doing it at night, regularly and in a hurry doesn’t make it better. Wouldn’t do it personally.

4 Likes

Found this in Reddit search :smiley: Esk8 Delivery

1 Like

Just don’t fall with the customer’s order/ don’t ride in rain either, to minimize the damage to your skate but other than that, it should be doable.

Why is it not recommended to ride in the rain? I do it constantly as i live in Sweden and it hasnt been any issue. Just ride as you would drive a car, carefully and within the limits i guess.

Rain is literally the worst thing or eskates, slippery wheels, bad for the bearings, electronics could fail… It’s probably not worth the risk to earn a few bucks from delivery.

3 Likes

I am pretty confident my build is waterproof, but the bearings aren’t and the rest of the motor’s metal parts won’t like it either. You will definitely decrease the life span of the board.

1 Like

Remote in one hand , 6 pizzas in the other hand , what can go wrong ? Lol , haha , my mate did it on a boosted board for a while but changed to using an e-bike (d.i.y. Super fast e-bike) he has a very large deliveroo back pack and does about 30 deliveries per day and works part time

2 Likes

Yeah, I have been re-thinking it a bit and decided if I go ahead, it will be with a push bike. Terran is really flat so all good :slight_smile:

motorcycle… blast through traffic, easy parking, low fuel cost

3 Likes

A trailer for the esk8? :thinking:

1 Like

my mate here in Sydney aus used to deliver for ubereats in the cbd. lived in Sydney too so when he was done, he’d go home and swap batteries and carry on lol

1 Like

Pizzas are known to balance out remotes