[U.S.] Psychotiller completes

I would also like to address this. I didn’t LET anyone do anything. If he had been here defending himself and making stuff right I would have backed him up. But he wasn’t/isn’t. There’s not much I can do at that point.

But it is worth saying, Dave is here defending himself and working his way through orders and resolving issues.

I believe in second chances. Everyone at some point in there life finds themselves in circumstances where keeping on the line is harder and harder, and one seemingly small decision cause you to drop off the cliff. There’s nothing to be done but get back up, say you’re sorry, right wrongs, and get on with life.

7 Likes

From an outside perspective having no feelings either way, both of you are on opposite ends of the spectrum over this. The fact is Dave may have made some decisions that did not pan out, McGee is upset because he was given a promise not fulfilled, and seemly lack of communication thereafter from his perspective, but things happen to no party’s fault and some things can be forgiven. Maner is slightly on the side of overly enabling, trying to forgive faults that as a vendor (not dave as a person), deserves criticism. McGee is personally attacking a fault while Maner is forgiving a vendor’s faults based on the owner’s personality. Both of yall shake hands and stop it.

5 Likes

I’m trying to explain to you why your method of explaining what you think happened is not productive, but whatever dude. Have a good night.

I’m not going to disagree, because there’s are probably 5 people on this forum total that I would put myself on the line for. Dave is one of them.

I simple think that judgements of a person’s viability as a vendor should be based on the total of what they have done, not one window of time. I’m not even saying don’t be pissed or don’t complain, but that post was just inflammatory and full of emotion instead of facts.

I don’t like it when people do a cool thing for someone then publicly make it known they did it so they get pats on the back. It kind of invalidates the act of kindness. I think Dave feels the same way. So, I won’t name any names, but a large portion of the people having the biggest pitchforks got major hookups in the past, and that absolutely pisses me off.

11 Likes

Yelling at the pilot rarely helps you pull out off a tailspin

6 Likes

True story, can confirm.

5 Likes

I’ve only met Dave a couple of times and I doubt he even knows me but he didn’t struck me as someone out to rip people off. I’m well aware of the headaches involved in bringing new products to fruition and my only commentary is that communication is key. Delays, bad first batches are all fair game in that field. I’ve delayed things by weeks and wrecked batches for things that should never happen like tool collisions or dumb things like snapping a tap in a fixture. But not everyone has experience in manufacturing, the pitchforks greatly reduce when you simply let people know what caused a delay and a reasonable ETA, that is where Dave did not do well.

Things aside, I don’t understand the lynch mob attitude, Dave didn’t up and leave, he is still making an effort, which means to me he deserves support, at the very least respect. Being in that position is not an easy one, I think at the end of the day when the ledger is clear and everyone is squared off, Dave likely learned what went wrong and won’t repeat those mistakes, but he can’t get there with a mob after him.

11 Likes

Not really a valid excuse tbh. How many failed startups and kickstarters do the creators have malicious intent from the start? Very very few. No one intends to have production issues, manufacturer errors, unexpected fees/tax/situations and be in the red.

Things happen, and people judge the vendor as a business that accepts peoples money and not the person itself.

3 Likes

Did someone already gather the info on forum members who are owed parts or money? I think it would be good to know how far behind Dave is.

The fact that he openly admitted to the business hurtle he’s trying to pick back up and jump over is what makes him a vendor we can and should support. Obviously I’m not a pitchfork holder as I did not lose any money in a transaction. But If you can forgive and have hope and patience, you can see that Dave is trying to figure this out after the Abec11 screw up.

6 Likes

Didn’t you exit the forum in a fit of adolescent rage very recently? You drag drama behind you. Calm yourself down.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t it be encouraging to have a list of names of people to whom money or parts is owed? Than follow up as Mr psychotiller takes care of them by scratching a name when they are refunded or got their purchases delivered.

Might be stupid but I find it is less overwhelming to go through my debts 1 invoice at a time. And each time 1 is paid i can take that as a win. Instead of failing all the time at trying to pay one huge amount.

Also, people could see that efforts are being made and be supportive instead of criticize.

I am not a financial advisor and I am still broke so… :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Right on the fupa :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah. Having a list and start putting a check mark on names will definitely be cool. But Then people will start freaking out about him not getting down to their name fast enough lol

7 Likes

you got a point there lol, but I wonder if those feeding the hate monster actually have ongoing orders?

5 Likes

Most likely not. They have either never bought from Dave or even worse they’ve Gotten free shit from him and are still giving the dude a ton of shit about screwing up the community n shit.

6 Likes

This is why Im confused by him taking the Go Fund Me down

He has given alot to the people in this community and making an effort to make it all right.

I dont see any other vendors that fucked up selling almost everything including personal boards to clear stuff up.

5 Likes

It is a hard thing for any grown dude to ask for help even more so if people you thought would support you are insulting and mocking you.

8 Likes

I think some uncalled for hug threats are in order for this man. :hugs:

just to be clear, not you @Tamatoa, @Psychotiller.

3 Likes

Shit I wanna snap at shit talkers some times and I’m just an spectator
Can only imagine what Dave feels when he reads all of the shenanigans people say

6 Likes

I thought you were offering me a hug :slight_smile:

2 Likes