Tweaking the Trampa

Thank you! I talked to Phil from Hearo and I’m leaning more towards the Bro atm. Then seem to have put alot of thought in to that deck.

1 Like

It’s cheaper than 300 euro. Comes with a nice remote and extra cables and xt90. Xt90s - antispark plug. Able to go up to 16s (more powerful). Can plug in 2 accessories to control with remote - their horn is great. I think bioboards or flux motion or kaly are starting to use them. Don’t remember who but it was a high quality brand.

2 Likes

No, of course it does! It just does frequency hopping, which means that if a channel becomes too noisy it’ll use another one. Improves reliability :+1:
Cheaper remotes aren’t smart enough to do that.

1 Like

U need the receiver

1 Like

Very good info. Thank you!

I want better range and torque before top speed. What KV on motors and gearing ratio am I looking for?

Can I put the Xenith in the battery enclosure or is that a bad idea?

Will the 12s6p battery be enough? And is 600€ reasonable fee for building it? If not what would 600€ get me?

12s 170kv 5/1 is a good all-rounder for 8 inch tyres.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Nice helmet!

Thanks buddy :grin:

I have a 12s5p for my Trampa and it feels like an eternity between charges, so you should be just fine with 6p.

1 Like

MBS DWII is sold out, ETA September. With that said, here’s the cost breakdown (in USD)

Complete Pro 97 DWII - $500

Includes (individual cost):
Deck - $200
Metal Matrix II Trucks - $100x2 = $200 (sold out)
2mm X 28mm Bearings - $20
F5 Bindings (no heel strap) - $75 pair (sold out)
Rock Star II Hubs - $15x4 = $60
T1 8" Tires - $18x4 = $72 (mixed reviews on these)
8" Tubes - $13x4 = $52

Individual Total: $680

With that caveat that you actually can’t buy the complete, the trucks, or the bindings for months. And you probably don’t want the T1 tires (T3 would be the better MBS choice).

That’s the only complete you’d want to buy, since the MBS Comp 95 doesn’t come with the metal matrix II trucks - it comes with composite baseplate.

It’s a lot closer to a toss up, since you’ll have to find a DWII buyer and pay shipping fees on the larger deck. And the only things you really want are the trucks, bindings, and hubs.

1 Like

It’s sure a nice esc, but a few changes occurred to it. Now it’s 300 dollars for the esc only and the remote is 50 dollars. Xenith is 230 dollars. I think i will be getting a xenith v2 for my upcomming flux build.

2 Likes

I suppose, but also the UK has a different supply line than what the US gets, so their times may actually be different. Also, if you sell the brand new deck, you’d still get some money back regardless of shipping costs, bringing the total cost of the parts down overall.

I think the newest completes use T3 tires. I was talking to customer service the other day, and they had sent me a wrong replacement tire because their completes now used T3 due to stock, and not T1 like mine had been early in the year.

1 Like

Looks like there wont be a build after all.

Bought this piece:

1 x Electric Mountainboard SPUR GEAR DRIVE 9-69 -
: 17ply 35º 9-69 ELECTRIC Deck - VERY STIFF
- Double drilled for Regular & Goofy…
but set up Left leg forwards (Regular).
: SOLID INFINITY ATB Hanger - 12mm Solid axles
: GUNMETAL with Black logo VERTIGO Baseplate
: Barrels
: 5 Spoke 8 Inch MEGASTAR Rims
: CENTER-Set 8 Inch MEGASTAR Rims - BLACK
: GUNMETAL Anodised Spokes
: 8 Inch BLACK Innova MUD-PLUGGER Tyres
: BLACK 12x28mm Mountainboard Bearings
: RATCHET Style Bindings please
- Carbon Print Strap with Black Foam Footstraps
- GUNMETAL with BLACK logo L-Brackets
- GUNMETAL Anodised Ratchet Buckles
: Heel Straps with GUNMETAL Ratchets
: MAYTECH rechargable Remote - Small size Thumb Operated

Battery: 12s9p

Charger: 5A

1 Like

Even though i bought a complete board I can never leave things the way they are.

Wasn’t completely happy with the Trampa bindings so i modified my old snowboard ones instead.

Much more comfortable and a better fit.

4 Likes

@PedroMcJimenez :arrow_up:
Great idea :star_struck: what needed to be modified??

3 Likes

I can tell you love sitting in the ink chair damn son :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I dunno much about emtb’s, but know that snowboard binding strap options are immense and rather untapped by the community.
@Katarsis :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I slid the ankle slider all the way inside the ankle strap and drilled through both of them to attach the strap to the bracket on the board and the ratchet to the strap. I drilled a bigger hole in the tounge to attach it to the bracke on the opposite side.

I used the toe cap as a heel strap and for that I set the slider to the outer hole and drilled the tounge and slider holes and attached them to the bracket.

1 Like