TÜÜB | DIY CF Deck | Weight Shift | 16s3p | UBOX | 6355 | BN Drivetrain

Weight shift control requires a wide stance and I’m 6’ 7". :wink:
Also, if I want to brake while at high speed I have to put my weight to the rear. Can you even imagine? “ I couldn’t slow down officer, my board would explode if I hit the brakes!”

2 Likes

7 Likes

You promised you wouldn’t tell!

Posting an old ride before felt a little bit “I have a girlfriend, she just lives in Canada”, so here’s one from today. I felt the machine hit peak output power a couple times during hill climbs, how the rest of you madlads ride 6384s is beyond me. :joy:

Started getting a sense of the speed wobble boundary and by loosening up my ankles too, it starts off as a pretty slow waver on this board, seems pretty easy to notice and correct.

@jack.luis if you were serious about riding the board, hit me up, we can ride in Prospect.

7 Likes

My ankle is almost done healing!! After that I’m 100% down to meet you. If you wanna come see my shop you’re always welcome to visit me in Hoboken, NJ. It’s a quick PATH train ride away, @Evwan does it all the time to use my shop to fix his monke mistakes

Shoot me a DM if you wanna take me up on my offer, maybe I can get @EDness and @Brently to come hang too since they’re so close

9 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know! Hope your recovery is going well. Between us, we probably have one complete skateboard rider.

I could totally make it to Hoboken over the weekend sometime, as long as PATH doesn’t care about esk8.

3 Likes

The signs will say no esk8, but it’s not enforced whatsoever. Had multiple conversations with police and Metro workers with my board dragged behind me.

I may be unavailable this weekend. Shoot me a DM

1 Like

I’ve taken the path dozens of times with massive boards. I’ve had conductors ask me how fast it goes and they’re always really impressed. Afaik they can’t ban it as a result of the Americans with disabilities act

3 Likes

That’s actually kinda hilarious

4 Likes

200lm headlight, and a couple of bike tail lights mounted under the tail. Not enough light to see by really, I can get my 1800lm headlight on there but it’s gonna be ugly.

6 Likes

tbh thats plenty for a headlight. Just get a flashlight for actually seeing things and you’ll be good.

1 Like

But what if I WANT to scorch the retinas of oncoming drivers?

2 Likes

3200 lumen flashlight. I shine it in the face of ebike delivery drivers going the wrong way down the bike lane. Their faces wince up pretty fast.

2 Likes

Lol I get that. I’ll try repackaging my big bike light to be handheld.

A couple guys also swear by a helmet mounted flashlight / light. You are wearing a helmet right?
Hands-free and points in the direction of your head. boom.

1 Like

I don’t mind holding a flashlight. I’d rather not have extra weight on my head.

1 Like

I have a 900lm on a bike helmet that I use for rollerblading, but there’s no easy way i know of right now to mount a similar one on my moto helmet. I’ll be using the bike helmet for commuting at lower speeds.
Agreed that helmet mounting is awesome, but the only downside is that the lighting appears flat. A helmet mounted light, plus a secondary light lower down to cast shadows over the terrain is the best setup imo.

3 Likes
1 Like

Alright nice, hacking a light into a gopro mount sounds doable. :+1:

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, cocks and wankers of all ages, a tragedy of tragedies has occurred tonight. @jack.luis already spilled the beans on this one, but I must regrettably report that the TÜÜB is dead.

My path to Jack’s shop took me over the Manhattan Bridge, which for those who don’t know, has a bike path designed like a sidewalk but with cracks between the tiles about 2 inches long. After about half a mile of these large jolts, the control system of the board had begun to act screwy and the brakes did not want to engage readily. I shut the board down, carried it the rest of the way, and when I rebooted on smooth pavement everything seemed to be back to normal. However, the braking function continued to deteriorate over the course of the evening. I suspect one of the rear sensors became delaminated from the deck, but this will remain unconfirmed as I don’t want to power the board back up in its current state.

As I rode cautiously back to the train station, the control system apparently decided to give up the ghost and slowly ramp up the throttle without accepting brake input. I ran it off easily enough but the board scooted off on its own into an anti-vehicle bollard. The front enclosure predictably disintegrated, and the front kingpin snapped right off.

Jackson came back to meet up with me and Jeff, bringing the crucial duct tape needed for me to carry my board back home. Thanks again to the both of you for helping out after the crash. :+1:

So goodnight sweet prince, you will be missed. The experiment into hands-free board control will continue at another time, in another form, and the sacrifice of this brave skateboard and the hard-won lessons it provided during its rise and fall will blaze a trail for all those that come after.:metal:

27 Likes