[Tutorial] How to make circular front and tail lights for your board

Thought I’d give a small update.

One of the lights detached from its metal plate. I sanded the plate and the light, thinking that was the issue, and epoxied them together again. But then it fell off a 2nd time. So the conclusion is that epoxy does not like to stick to whatever sheet metal I have. So if you do make a light like this, make sure to use epoxy on both sides, to “lock in” the metal plate.

Also, as you can see, I replaced the default wires with high quality silicon ones, because the default ones kept tearing off.

Also, personally I’ve now switched to using a different type of light. I now use COB led strips on the rails of the board to get a much brighter, and cooler looking light:

I’ll probably talk more about them in a few days in my thread for the Bustin Sportster build I’ve done, but basically you just use a bit of epoxy, rubber bands, and creativity. Just beware they’re easy to damage.

7 Likes

Can I do this with my Focbox Unity?
I don’t get where I’d plug in the buck so it’s switched by the unity’s power switch.
As I understand it it’s a momentary switch.
The Unity has a 150ma accessory plug so I’m guessing I’d need a relay that can switch a 50V output?

The safest bet is to just tap off the battery leads directly and add an appropriate switch.

1 Like