Turnkey 3d printer suggestions

Currently building a v0.1

3 Likes

@tech.shit have you searched on the forum beforehand?

How comes no one has remotely suggested Artillery Sidewinder printer it is a freakin beast.

There’s a full topic on it and how eventually you can upgrade if you want.

Knocking wood this machine had performed flawlessly for me for more than a year now at least and close to zero maintenance done on it.

You want fast output, print with 0.8 or 1mm nozzle then cheat your Slicer.

I had almost finished a kinda badass skeleton enclosure with doors for mine but didn’t find enough interest in it (and I dropped using stuff like ABS and ASA for now).

Ah it retails for under 400$ too. You can buy a pair, upgrade both hotends for that fancy 350°c ability and you’re still under your budget limit.

2 Likes

This is my next build for sure.

I just finished up a 350 2.4 and really enjoyed it, came in at £1200 ish but that includes a lot of mods.

How are you finding the build? I read it can be quite fiddly

1 Like

We have a prusa MK3 for about 5 years at work, it works flawlessly and prints everyday (I have like 340 days printing on it since I reset the firmware 2 years ago).
Only thing I did on it is change the extruder assembly to a bondtech one 2 years ago, but that was only because I was printing big parts with Colorfabb HT with the bed at 120°C that made the original PETG one distort (don’t be like me, don’t print for long with the bed at 120°C, even the magnets will start to fall off at a point).

You can add an mmu afterwards when you have budget for multi-material printing, they sell some copies that seem to work fine for cheaper than the prusa ones

I’m in love with your setup! Very jealous. Can’t wait to one day have my own place with a workshop.

It’s not been easy to say the least. I’m almost done with it, except for the bed and panels/tophat. The bed came with a pt100 thermistor rather than the standard ntc 100k so I need to source an amplifier board to make it work.

The hardest part is aligning all the M3 nuts in the frame. Turns out someone has designed some rails the nuts slot into, I wish I’d known about that before my build. Would have made my life so much easier!

1 Like

Yeah man, deffo a game changer. Its just my garage that’s attached to my house and is a lot smaller than you imagine. Everyone without fail says “wow its a lot smaller than I imagined” when they see it.

im really tempted to build a V0.1 although I hear the 0.2 is around the corner so i’m going to wait for that. I got caught out with the 2.4 going to the R2 spec just as I started building it so keen not to get caught out again!

2 Likes

Didn’t even consider the fact that the 0.2 will be on its way soon…

Oh well, if im forever chasing upgrades it’ll never get used.