Tubby - The little esk8 that could....I choo choo choose you.

You are making me blush guys :laughing:

4 Likes

Nah mate we like your no BS channel real advice from a real skater not some bay Joston tool.

1 Like

I love lee and his channel, however whats a “real” skater? Everybody that rides a skateboard is a skateboarder no?

love the build too, RIP tubby, hooray for tubby Jr.

1 Like

Do you remember where you found this deck ? is it 36" or 40" ?

1 Like

It’s a 36 I think made by moose cheap and nasty deck been sitting in my workshop for years. The angles would only suit mountain board trucks unless you dewedge it. Way too much flex the reason why the CF wrap.
Test cutting some grip.

Anyone can be a skater but I am talking about next level. I am n00b an esk8 savage.

3 Likes

You have unwittingly made the new Bioboards board before they have.

9 Likes

Oh shitzz your right @BigBen :rofl: still it’s a good foundation deck with A little bit of @Movation CF love

3 Likes

I wish if it has 10% of the double stuffed bioboards.se awesome I would be "stoked"®
No fuck it I would be happy if it doesn’t catch fire first ride.

3 Likes

Some one that enjoys adrenaline and a place to escape every day life :sunglasses:
Is my Opinion of a skater

1 Like

No truer words ever spoken this thread Is deep :om:

2 Likes

Can you explain more about this laser cutter? I’ve been really wanting to make/buy one but space is an issue. This one looks more than compact.

It’s 600 x400mm it’s 2.5 watt do it cuts and engraves I had a banggood credit of $100 so it cost me just an extra $100. The stock firmware is beyond garbage and the included software was worst. But I flashed it with grbl firmware. I also trialing laserburn software $40 once the trial is done but it allows you to burn in black and white photos into your grip or deck. I am still dialling this setup in. I am planning to cut the foam for molds for future enclosures.

3 Likes

That’s not too bad, I’ve been keeping an eye out for a cheap frame and laser to run on. I might give that a look!

2 Likes

Minor Tubby update the vesc is almost complete I can’t find my ST-Link V2, the 2 escs are stuck on Fw 3.42 and in typical Flipshite tradition no bootloader. I have not been able to glitch update these like I can with my 6.6 plus.
Ordered a new st-link from Sydney should arrive this week.
Top of tubby is to be painted then using laser cutter to create airbrush stencils and grip is via glass and shell frit covered with epoxy. BMS is still 2 weeks away. Night rider and brake lights are complete and cables routed under epoxy.

Once the escs are flashed and fully tested I will waterproof them with k705.

4 Likes

Update on Tubby??

Tomorrow. Mostly doing code related work, adapting davega firmware to run on a 12 inch matrix panel.
Tubby has seen some love…

1 Like

TUBBYYYYYYYYYYY???

1 Like

What’s that white stuff on the VESC. is that just glue? Apologies for the noob question. I am just planning my first esk8 build. Sorry to hear about your mate

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah i think it’s just hot glue, some come in opaque white
Could be silicone but don’t think so

1 Like