Trying to Determine What's Compatible

Hey y’all its me again. In the process of putting together a parts list for a build and I am running into a pretty big issue here. The parts i have set in stone are dual 6374 battle hardened motors from flipsky with a focbox esc to run them. Then i am building a 12s6p battery for the system. My issue is wheels. Coming from an evolve gtr AT, I want all terrain wheels. On my parts list i had the ownboard trucks that are the evolve clone kingpin trucks and then the TB 63mm mount that fits on these and evolves back trucks. My issue now is that i cannot find a AT wheel that works with these mounts. By works i mean the pulleys line up with one another. I just tested mboard AT wheels on my evolve to test fit it and they do not line up at all let alone are not even able to be tightened down. What are my options here to stick with the evolve clone trucks and the TB mounts for them. I also plan to grab a TB motor pulley for the motors. If y’all need any more info just ask i will answer anything you need to know! Thank you guys!

2 Likes

pics

also this could be in Noob question thread! 2020_Summer or at least not the selling category unless you are giving up on this setup lol.

4 Likes

This is it tightened all the way, no speed rings, and the wheel can barley spin

1 Like

Boardnamics has cheap trucks with massive axles haha

2 Likes

what AT wheels work with theirs?

1 Like

all of them between the 220 and 270 hangers

and you get to upgrade to the world’s cheapest gear drive later

1 Like

my only concern is that in the event something doesnt line up, if its a fixed mount truck then im screwed

1 Like

hopefully someone with those wheels can tell you what’s up with them.

Might just need the flipsky dkp trucks

Can you loosen the motor pulley and align it and retighten?

1 Like

it still doesnt come close. At this point i’ll take any suggestions to a truck/AT setup that’s fairly affordable… I dont want to end up spending a bunch of money only for my stuff to not align properly.

No real DIY parts have fixed positioning mounts really.
The issue here is you are mixing too many production non DIY products that aren’t meant for adjustability.

3 Likes

Wait, am I missing something here… Why wouldn’t you use Evolve AT wheels? I had the similar setup, Evolve trucks, OKP motorm mounts and Evolve AT whels… 6347 motors aswell…

1 Like

you know, you have a good point… If TB had his motor mount sets in stock id just get those with extended trucks but theyre out of stock so

Well i am selling my evolve board to build this board lol. It would make sense to do that

If you toss a single BN rear truck on there with his mounts I’m sure you could make this work. You’ll still have the carver truck up front.

I had a ton of fun with this.

2 Likes

so you did evolve/ownboard trucks, with 6374’s, and evolves 7" wheels. Now which motor mount plate did you use and what motor pulley?

Yes, exactly.

I was using OKPs (Unik Boards mounts) unfortunately they are out of business for some time…

but take a look at this:

https://electricboardsolutions.com/collections/pulleys-belts-mounts/products/evolve-motor-mount-pair

@EboardSolutions runs this shop, he is a great guy… So he will answer all your questions regarding
those motor mounts.

regarding motor pulley. I’ve used those:

https://electricboardsolutions.com/collections/pulleys-belts-mounts/products/steel-motor-pulley-15t-with-keyway-key-and-2-setscrews

Thats if you are EU based…

2 Likes

what belt were you able to use. I dont wanna spend $30 for 1 belt from evolve. If im doing the evolve 7" wheels with the 66T pulley, and using a TB 63mm mount, what do you think would work best?

edit: i think a 360mm is big enough

Never buy belts from evolve.
They charge a minimum of %100 price increase on everything they sell. Motors, pulleys, belts.
Or much less any pre built board distributor.

Go to vbeltguys

2 Likes