Trying to build my first esk8 for cheap.At the sametime, High quality.

Boardnamics motor mounts
Boardnamics.com

7 Likes

Also. If you’ve never built a battery and you don’t know what you’re doing, please either take the time to do your research or pay someone else to do it. I wouldn’t trust my battery with an 8 dollar BMS either.

Read through this thread so you can get an idea of what’s required in a good esk8 battery.

2 Likes

Base on Youtubers…
Pavel Garmas, Lee Wright and Just Vlad. The BMS is good enough for 10s setup. I’m only using it for charging the batteries. The reason why It’s cheap. I brought it directly from the manufacture. lol I skipped the middle man. Trust me… I been doing research for 3 months for my safety.

1 Like

What are you using for enclosures, wheels, charger, and pulleys? Wheels can get pretty expensive, as is an enclosure if you want a bottom mount.

2 Likes

You could save a few dollars by going with a GT2B Baby Buffalo, Mad Munkey or Mini thumb remote. You can 3d print a case to shrink it down.

A loop key is cheaper and more reliable than an anti-spark switch

dickyho’s shop on eBay has some good prices on pulleys and mounts

You may want to shift some of the money to the battery. At 280wh you’d be lucky to get 10 miles out of it…

3 Likes

Not seeing an enclosure listed, and seeing MBoards parts, are classic red flags that you will be running into issues later that will be likely to cost money.

5 Likes

This. If your goal is cheap and good, then you absolutely should use a loopkey instead of an antispark switch.

2 Likes

Damnit.

I was reading through the parts list and was really impressed. “Damm, first build and no mboards part in sight, im impressed!” Then i reached the last line :smiley:

5 Likes

These motors are ass and won’t last too long, you can tell because they don’t have phase wires on them, this is a massive red flag. Use a Flipsky motor.

3 Likes

I remember seeing a few folks use these and I don’t recall any problems with them. :+1:

1 Like

It’s hard to trust you when you have MBoards parts on the list.

But have no worries, you did good by asking :smiley:

We’ve all messed up and spent tons of money so you don’t have to.

4 Likes

Flipskys smart enhanced 200a antispark is also a good choice if you want to have a power button to easily turn on and off the board, heard their reliable as well

1 Like

The C6374 motors are ok performance wise, but never got the sensors to work on mine.
Flipsky or Maytech would be a better choice.

The Flipsky 200A smart enhanced AS has been very reliable on10S but nothing beats a XT90S if you’re on a budget.

Repeating this because it deserves repeating

3 Likes

How are your 30 P26a cells going to beat the 48 P42a cells in the hurricane?

7 Likes

A few things. If you’re building your own pack I see a few things missing from your parts list. I’m assuming you already have some of this stuff but it bears mentioning.

• Polymide tape- an important insulation tool.
  • Nickle strip- unlikely you would be able to build a pack safely without this
  • Shrink wrap
  • High-strand silicone tinned copper wire (various gauges but you can build lots of different packs w 12 awg and 14 awg on hand)
  • Soldering iron
  • 60/40 solder (don’t cheap out on this one as it will make a huge difference in the difficulty of your joints)
  • Rosin
  • Hot glue gun

You’ll also likely have some trouble w that spot welder. Malelecteics or kWeld are solid choices but more expensive.

DIYing your own battery only makes sense financially if you plan on building multiple packs. Otherwise, the initial up-front investment kills any savings and then some. Also, Lee Wright is a solid battery builder. Pavel, not so much. Co-sign w @Evwan re checking out the battery builders thread.

If this is a one-time thing then I would just buy a used pack. I actually might be selling a 10s3p made from murata vtc6 cells that I would sell on the cheap w about 20 cycles on it. Keep your eye on the parts section of the forum too. You can save a lot of dough there. Good luck w the build.

4 Likes

Those parts I dont know what to get. The enclosure is going to be 3d printed with carbon fiber reinforce. If you could help me getting something reasonable. I will get it.

1 Like

I said somewhat close to it. Lol I guess I went over my plans. I should of said… good enough for beginners.

1 Like

What is the problem with mboards trucks? The enclosure is going to be 3d printed with carbon fiber reinforce shell.

the problem is mboards, but yeah.

3 Likes