Trucks | What Is Best Size For Small Boards?

yea i was refering to op’s requirements :sweat_smile:

my spud is forced to run on e-caliber trucks because i have them :man_shrugging:

1 Like

i guess you would need the step down converters 10 -> 8mm to run sz tkps on those

1 Like

Yeah I will work it out. I am in the EU so I have different shops like sicks boards

1 Like

me too :joy:

anyways i really think we should hear @moon’s opinion on all this

1 Like

Match the outside edge of your wheels to your deck width… A little wider is perfectly fine. Narrower might have issues

so you would think this, I’m literally in the process of making some @torqueboards caliber II 50xx mounts fit - so far I’ve filed off @1-2mm of hanger and they fit upside down but they do fit - I’ll post some pics soon - I’ve been shocked at how easy this has been , was putting it off for ages

for this build btw

3 Likes

Did you ever finish that build? We need an update to it!

1 Like

if you are interested in the indy route, a small detail is you need to also get longer kingpins to accommodate for regular longboard bushings

1 Like

What TKPs out there use a long enough kingpin for barrel bushings? I noticed some TKPs have a shorter kingpin.

3 Likes

What’s the deck width?

I’m getting close - will update after the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah man! :v:
I am keeping my project a secret for now… It will hopefully be one of a kind, maybe the first… We will see :grin:

2 Likes

I have a couple of unique features I’m hoping work out :wink: started to think this board has more potential to hospitalize me than anything I’ve built so far

1 Like

Yes, for me uniqueness is why I DIY. I am not here to mod evolves, improve a prebuilt or build with a common deck. I need something to be special. That is the whole fun of it
:grin::v:

1 Like

the only other besides sz tkp’s i could find on a quick search are dont trip bhangers

neither the paris street versions nor tracker trucks seem to have longer ones… but atleast for indys i know that this is solved quickly with some hammering :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a Pig, 32"x9.5". Cags are wiiiiide.

@Linny Bennet vector trucks come with double barrels. The widest you can get them is 150mm from what I’ve seen

2 Likes

Because there is still not a ‘‘Mark As Solution’’ option on this forum…
(@BillGordon i want to know who is responable :angry: jk :wink:)
… this post will be the << Solutions Post >>

Best Size Trucks For Small Boards

• So <180 seems to be the best. I think 150/137 would be great for under 20mp/h if you have enough height to avoid wheel bite and you are using hub motors. If using Belt drive then you need either a longer axle or longer hanger depending on what system you use.

What Type of Truck For Small Boards | RKP or TKP

TKP for any board that does not go above 30km/h - 18mp/h
RKP for anything that will go faster than that

Here is a great quote from @mmaner on the other forum

‘’ I rode RKP forever because everyone, and I mean everyone, said they were better. I was broke so I didn’t wanna spend money on something that wouldn’t perform.**

I eventually bought a pair of Surf Rodz TKPs from @psychotiller because they looked so damned cool and his mounts had the stability that was lacking in others. I can’t go back now. I’m not saying all RKPs are better than TKPs, but the SR TKPs are better than any other truck I’ve ridden…under 20mph .**

I would further add, when NOT at speed TKP is more comfortable as the leans and carves are more fluid (linear) than RKP…which is why I like them. ‘’

Here is another from @RipTideSports also from the other forum

‘’ I also love using TKP trucks for various applications, especially when I have a short board and I want a long true wheelbase (measured from axle to axle). Since we make bushings, we made the same shapes available for TKPs that we have for RKPs. We call them our “StreetSeries and they come in 2 heights. ShortStreet is .4” tall and Street is .5" tall. ShortStreet height include a Cone and Barrel where Street height includes a Cone, Barrel, FatCone and Chubby. TKP’s can be wedged and dewedged just like RKPs with similar benefits but I normally will only dewedge the rear since most TKP’s turn a lot already so I am just looking to deaden the rear a bit for higher speed stability. The differentiating factor between TKPs and RKPs is the pivot axis is not perpendicular to the kingpin on TKPs. For more information, have a look at: http://www.riptidesports.com/streetseries-bushings/

Please correct me, Mike, Brad, if your minds have changed :wink:

5 Likes

Its not a black and white thing. So decisions shouldnt be made from this statement imo

2 Likes

Right i did not want to quote this but here is a good explanation from dickoz, i can’t reword in a better way tbh so here it is

Tkp flaps, rkp wobbles.

Over powering a flap is hard unless your a pumper at heart.

Over powering a wobble can be done with a carve just lean.

For a person with out ankle control, tkp at speed is alot more violent and harder to tame.

Both can be stable at speed, but one is harder to over powering when it starts controlling you vs you controlling it. Rkp is easier to overcome. So it is more “stable” or it’s ability to be controlled in a stable manner is easier.

1 Like