Trucks | What Is Best Size For Small Boards?

i see, well if that is no concern i would assume that with the 159mm version of the sz tkp you can easily simulate the traditional indy 169 / 215 width

edit: sorry i just cant stop thinking in those indy terms :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Link to this?

The hub may have a minimum axle length, so that’s your starting spot. It has to attach some way… otherwise It would spin and the board would stay still

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of the hub motors I’ve seen require longer axles, which is why maytech sells those 145mm wide hangers w/ extra long axles. Does the SR TKP hanger use 8mm shoulder bolts? Simple solution there.

I know it came out that this is for a hub motor, which changes things a bit, but I just put some new blue cags on my short board that is set up with a single motor on caliber II 160s. Just waiting on a 12mm kegal pulley…
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

6 Likes

if thats the case, my assumption that tkp 159s should work might be wrong, or atleast you have to take a closer look at what axle length you buy

There’s no axle length options on the 8mm version only the 10mm

3 Likes

Looks like @torqueboards is planning 160mm precision cnc trucks so looks like i’ll be waiting for that :grimacing:

5 Likes

That’s great. Will be worth it.

4 Likes

these are definetly cool, but for the requirements of a “slow” cruiser i would take tkp any day, because ride feel

Been planning. Still waiting as well.

I have a feeling the motors axle must be 8mm as well.

Oh same, but I have a little spud I wanna go fast with :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

It is the same as the neohub but without the branding

2 Likes

yea i was refering to op’s requirements :sweat_smile:

my spud is forced to run on e-caliber trucks because i have them :man_shrugging:

1 Like

i guess you would need the step down converters 10 -> 8mm to run sz tkps on those

1 Like

Yeah I will work it out. I am in the EU so I have different shops like sicks boards

1 Like

me too :joy:

anyways i really think we should hear @moon’s opinion on all this

1 Like

Match the outside edge of your wheels to your deck width… A little wider is perfectly fine. Narrower might have issues

so you would think this, I’m literally in the process of making some @torqueboards caliber II 50xx mounts fit - so far I’ve filed off @1-2mm of hanger and they fit upside down but they do fit - I’ll post some pics soon - I’ve been shocked at how easy this has been , was putting it off for ages

for this build btw

3 Likes

Did you ever finish that build? We need an update to it!

1 Like

if you are interested in the indy route, a small detail is you need to also get longer kingpins to accommodate for regular longboard bushings

1 Like