Truck Axles a few MM too short

I can name 2 other hangers besides mine that have axles longer than 45mm readily for sale. At the time they were designed, 50mm was the norm. BKB may be the only truck I’ve seen used in Esk8 shorter than 45mm in 2023. Virtually every single prebuilt these days has a stepped axle that’s closer to 60mm in overall length.

In no way was it a cash grab, it was designed to work with 80% of what’s out there. I cannot conform to all the irregular stuff that exists. I tried my best to confirm to standards. The hangers themselves were caliber based and did wonders for standardizing RKP builds which were very popular at the time of their release.

7 Likes

@ndc27 your weird trucks are the problem, not the pulleys.

1 Like

They make belt alignment stupidly easy because there is no extra space on the axle to even need spacers. Just need to make sure the nut is on tight enough so you don’t loose it completely my fault and it only happened on one side. The pulley and wheel did stay on enough to come to a stop safely I’d say any extra cost compared to other pulleys is worth it to avoid the hassle of dealing with spacers

We are all here to help you. You don’t need to be mad at @Boardnamics he’s done a lot for this community. He’s made a lot of items for us DIY peeps at an affordable price :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
This is why I asked what your set up was And pictures
I wish everything was universal in Esk8 but that’s not gonna happen :joy:
The best thing to do is read some of these builds that you like
learn from their experiences, and if you have questions, there’s places to ask them before you buy

Examples
reply to build threads that you like
Or

1 Like

I’m just frustrated, companies do what they want and make decisions they see fit. Regardless I blame myself for buying the wrong parts

3 Likes

Believe me if you get into this fun Sport/Hobby It won’t be your last :grin:
I had to learn the hard way then I started reading threads and asking questions before I figured out what I wanted in my setups

4 Likes

Buying the wrong parts is just part of the normal process.

4 Likes

Never happened to me on any of my builds, what are you guys talking about???

Dont look at the 40mm riser im making… that was a design choice!

Well. That’s kinda what a company does.

1 Like