Trampa's inconsistent products

I didn’t think I’d ever have to, but after that cross-threaded nut situation, I’m glad I was able to remove it. Had to hammer the vice grip onto the axle to even get the nut off.

ALTHOUGH, could be a catch-22, cause if I had used red, I bet the axle would’ve stayed put when I tried to remove the nut… but would that still have fucked the threads up? Probably.

Sry 2 derail

1 Like

With epoxy they will never be removed. And it’s barely any more difficult or expensive than using “red”. :grin:

1 Like

I find it to be a plus to be able to remove an axel, in the case of it becoming cross threaded or bent.
Axels with flanges need very little blue, if any at all. (hoyt)

7 Likes

In my experience, the hanger has been the piece to bend, not the axle.

3 Likes

Calling @PedroMcJimenez

3 Likes

37mph into a curb. Hanger fine axel fucked

7 Likes

Agree- maybe on cheap calibers this would be true.

But I’ve seen far more bent axles than hangers.

2 Likes

An axle came out the hanger of my rear trampa ultimate truck once once. It’s my 2x 80100 build. I have spent so much time drifting on gravels and roots… Not a big deal! Just put the axle back into its place. Blue loctite on the grub screw and no issue then. It happened after maybe 5 or 6 years of abuse. It took much less time than replacing the bushings.

3 Likes

Trampa ultimately sent me a new hanger, so I will be replacing the old one

4 Likes

Here I am, back again after placing another order with trampa.
I’ll let you guys guess what’s wrong

What I got:

Assembly instructions:

@Trampa QC when?

2 Likes

Seems there’s only 1 layer of carbon there. I was able to pierce it with a screwdriver, but wtf??

still had to drill out the entire slot

The truck adapters dont even fit on 22mm^2 trucks like they told me they would. Idk why I even try with trampa anymore. i’m 3d printing my own adapters. Dont buy these mudguards unless you have trampa trucks