Trampa WAND connectivity issues - Gathering feedbacks (SERIOUS)

The sidewall is milled out from POM. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Plus i think you have a cutout to route cables on that spot where the Receiver sits (?)

1 Like

Yep with rubber

I think @WilliWonka has it placed a lot better. Try to re-locate it to the lid, so that the dongle sits flat/more horizontally. You are left foot forward, right handed and currently the dongle sits diagonally opposing the hand holding the Wand. Once re-loacted, the issue should be resolved, just as it resolved the issue for chocolatier.

2 Likes

I’ll test it.
Funny thing. I’m left-handed for writing, but I hold remotes and my mouse with the right hand.

1 Like

You are both handed.
Ambidexterity

2 Likes

I recently noticed flickering of the display of the Wand caused by 1 of the 2 batteries that had come slightly loose although the lid was closed (but perhaps not firm enough?). Just wanted to let people know that can sometimes happen too.

With @Trampa continued posts of

It’s quite clear even after Franks continues boasting about low powere short range height reliable signal quality strength is irrelevant. that the module has blinded spots depending on receiver orientation and lack of shelling against emp and or power regulation smoothening. more than others.

@Pimousse
My thoughts are as @Trampa suggests I think your location combined with the modular design are the issue with is why it’s affecting some people not otheres

2 options to remedi remove the cause or make it irrelevant

Option 1 re orientate and locate until it’s no longer a issue (Frank solution blame the customer)
Option 2 Shieled the electronics and power supply boost strength (Pimousse solution product not as robust and reliable as described, promised)

1 Like

I think Frank see Trampa can only do right if thay didn’t think of its it’s Irelivent and wrong and against the VESC project or a copy of there work ripping them off.

Stood so hard agains dule ESC Hz altination took so much effort to bring it back in to the project. Now it’s been accepted been a big influx of people participating in the OS part of it instead of having to hard fork it.

Just my observation same attitude applied hear again why people just expect it now :man_shrugging: Leopard never changes its spots as they say

Witch solution is correct is down to the pension regardless of who it came from. Isn’t that the point of DIY you mix and match what you think is best. If @Pimousse want to proceed down the improve the universal ness of the hard were I’m intrested in what he comes up with and what the original limiting factor is

1 Like

CRASH TODAY: If I didnt had safety gear, I would be in hospital now.

In an effort to be considerate to everyone, I have written my message in two versions. You may choose to read whichever one you prefer.

The "angry but authentic" version:

Thank you @Trampa for making the most shitty remote in the esk8 scene.

→ Best build quality ever, but worst connection and programming ever.

(The following message may be influencd by my current state of mind. very angry here)

Scenario:
I was riding my board, all was fine, but suddently the “Wand” lost connection to the receiver and the board just continued driving at the speed, where it lost connection.

So I fell from the board at 30kmh, and the board just continues driving with that speed (!).
It was driving across the sideway and down the road until it crashed 200m away.

@Trampa : Why did you program it so that the board does not stop after loosing connection?
You must admit yourself that this is a serious design flaw in software!
To be honest, this is the MAJOR design flaw that should never happen, because it is a heavy danger to other people.

I guess with enough energy, we could sue you for that.

Fuck. I’m sitting here with my bones and head hurting, thinking about what had happen if the board had hit some surrounding people. or a child?
… full anger and no understanding here. :imp:

Ok, you may answer that this is a “connection issue” which can be solved by relocation the receiver.
But to be honest. that is just a poor excuse for making a dangerous and not tought-out product.

You choose the worst connection type and hardware ever (never had any issues with VX1 VX2 VX4 and any of my 10+ cheap factory remotes.)
Your 200$ (incl shipping, tax) remote is the only remote that I had issues (!)
And its the only remote who continues driving after disconnection (Yes, I tested my other remotes, they all do stop power).

It is clearly your companies fault when this happens to riders.

… have to take care of my wounds now …

The "well balanced" version:

Today, I had a terrible accident while riding my electric skateboard. Thanks to my safety gear, I escaped with my life, but it could have been much worse. I feel compelled to share my experience with the hope that it will help others avoid similar incidents.

The problem was with the remote control, made by @Trampa, which has the best build quality I’ve ever seen but the worst connection and programming ever. Suddenly, the “Wand” lost connection to the receiver, and the board just kept going at the speed where it lost connection. I fell off the board, which continued to travel at a dangerous speed and crashed 200 meters away. If I hadn’t been wearing my safety gear, I would be in the hospital now.

@Trampa, I have to ask: why did you design the remote control so that the board doesn’t stop after losing connection? This is a serious flaw that puts riders and other people in danger. It’s the major design flaw that should never happen, and I’m very angry about it. I believe that you should take responsibility for your product, and it’s not a valid excuse to say that it’s a “connection issue” that can be solved by relocating the receiver.

I have ridden with many other remotes, including VX1, VX2, VX4, and cheap factory models, and never had any issues. However, your $200 remote is the only one that has caused me problems. It’s the only remote that continues driving after disconnection, which is a major safety hazard. I’m very disappointed and frustrated that such a dangerous product was released onto the market.

In conclusion, I hope that @Trampa will take the necessary steps to fix the problem with their remote control. It’s unacceptable that riders’ safety is put at risk due to a design flaw that should have been addressed before the product was released.

4 Likes

too much water in ur body that interfere with the signal, try dehydrating urself next time before using the wand

forgot to say, @lucid_layers wish u fast recovery

2 Likes

In before @glyphiks wakes up

Should have used wifi

1 Like

Lol i learnt my lesson with the wand years ago. It’s junk.

Welp guess mine will be a cool paperweight then

the two good parts of the wand is it is heavy in hand and can’t crack from impact.
the cut outs/ max throttle will happen from a low wand battery, worn out pot, and connection issue (the external dongles do fix this i’ve found)

BUT FUCK THE WAND IT’S A BUTT PLUG

@DerelictRobot whens that osrr come back :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Fr though i need me an osrr :hot_face:

me who’s selling one and no one’s buying :no_mouth:

I was expecting a much angryer angry version,
glad you’re ok and that the board didn’t alternatively jump into an highway lane at rush hour or went rolling into the desert until the battery hopefully dies somewhere in a far away country

1 Like

this is the location where it happened:

red: diving direction
violett: board driving away and crash
yellow: possible other way for the board… :cold_face:

Imagine, if it had follow the yellow line… it would be completely lost in the water.
(expensive afternoon)
:ocean:

1 Like

Remaind me of the first time I had a drone flyaway ^^"

1 Like