Trampa VESC 6 MKIII DRV Fault

Searched and couldn’t find anything about any drv fault issues on a genuine Trampa Vesc 6… literally less than a month old. Any advice before I light my whole board on fire just to put it out with tears of agony?

2 Likes

Send to @MartinSp he is more active on the other forum if you send it to him he will fix (Eu)

Can’t remember the guy for US but I am sure someone else will know
(I think @JohnnyMeduse is Canada)

1 Like

Contact @Trampa . They will help you figure it out.

3 Likes

Just do not send it to Ben in case Frank recommend you to do so.
The vesc will lay in the post office till time passed and it gets shipped back to you.
Lose of money and time.

2 Likes

DRV fault on a VESC 6? Very very very very very very rare…
PM me what happened. We can get this sorted.

4 Likes

Actually it’s very very very very very rare
You added to many verys

2 Likes

As i have one I think it’s still as min two very too much…

3 Likes

Update: PMed @Trampa and he responded saying “There is a chance that the VESC is damages. DRV faults are highly unlikeley unless something s damaged.”

Then he gave me an email address of someone at Trampa who I reached out to and didn’t hear back from even still and told @Trampa as I want to ride very badly… he said my email to that guy must have not gone through to which Frank replied saying he will get back to me on Monday!!!

I expressed how displeased I was at the situation… mind you I recently was in London and made my way to Nottingham to visit Trampa HQ… and the co-owned/founder, Ted, (super nice guy) was discussing how slow sales have been lately especially given it’s Christmas time.

Ironically enough I JUST received the following email from Frank: “Hi David, please understand that we are just back to business and had tons of ordres from christmas time. We just got that pile out of the way.”

I still have no idea if I am going to just have to start looking for a replacement, or if not can’t even imagine the timeline of when I can ride again… I just spend $500 on two VESC 6’s from Trampa less than a month ago, and one is dead already (on my Trampa MTB) aka I can’t ride now… it’s hard to come up with words to describe how I feel without using every profanity there is.

PLEASE for the love of god watch this video and actually listen instead of always having something to say to everybody:

On that note, is there anyone in the US that does DRV repairs in the states? I have 2 focboxes with DRV errors which will at least allow me to ride in the somewhat near future, hopefully.

2 Likes

Sorry for your troubles. The best vesc repair I know i6f is @JohnnyMeduse.

3 Likes

Damn I thought good CS was part of the reason costs were so high. That’s a real shame

5 Likes

Getting an answer on a Sunday evening…
David will sort you out, no worries. Our staff works Monday to Friday.

3 Likes

If you don’t get overwhelmed with a ton of orders during the weekend…

2 Likes

Bets on if @Trampa actually watched the linked video?

1 Like

Seems like he’s been waiting for some communication for 5 days at least.

3 Likes

PMed him, I bet I get the 2 focboxes back before I get any sort of proper customer service from Trampa. Thanks for the recommendation.

5 Likes

Johnny will take care of you, he does excellent and timely work.

5 Likes

Update: @Trampa sent me a replacement VESC, and it’s already arrived and back in the mountain beast - thank you for the quick turnaround and changing of customer service experience!

I returned mine and it should be back in the UK shortly. Also still waiting on my two og Foc boxes to arrive to @JohnnyMeduse for DRV repair, shipping is taking extra for some reason. But just wanted to update and share my experience and fortunate result of this debacle.

7 Likes

Johhny is THE best. He will have them fixed and shipped back to you before you even send him payment. Ive sent him at least 8-9 esc’s and all of them are 100% solid!!

1 Like