Trampa Treads Hard vs Soft

I am rocking the MBS Rockstar II hubs and currently use the MBS T3 tires. I like them but want to try something else. I am not a fan of how quickly the wear down. I am currently looking at the Trampa Treads and am leaning towards the hard compound for the life span increase.

Does anyone have experience with this tire (hard and or soft) and can you tell me how they perform? I am interested in life span, comfort, grip, all the good stuff.

I will also take recommendations on other 200 x 50 tires. I mainly ride on pavement with a little grass, hard packed dirt, and gravel mixed in.

Have you considered apex shit slingers? They last and are a harder compound.
I switched to them from my mbs t3. Offroad performance was basically indistinguishable on both. Haven’t done much of any pavement riding on them.

1 Like

You can also get them on Ali Express for a shit load cheaper than the shit slinger

I have both AliExpress and apex ones. The apex ones I received were far more balance, presumably because they actually QC the tires.

1 Like

They are literally the same thing though. Same mould. Unless they send the shitty ones back, I think you just got lucky with the set you got. How many did you buy to verify the claim?

I’m not making some bold claim here. I got 5 from each, and the ones from apex were usable. The AliExpress ones were fucking awful. Unusable.

2 Likes

Are Kenda K909’s too smooth for you? I’ve had great luck with them.

Which ones are the shit slingers? Getting from Aliexpress seems pretty sketchy

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mseY3sS

Something like this mate. It’s the same as the apex one, I’m sure the guys have admitted it is the same before too

1 Like

Thanks for the plug. I am not sure I am going to get these. Shipping costs more than the tires themselves, and estimated delivery is November. My tread on current tires likely won’t last that long. Also AliExpress quality can be really hit or miss.

I might keep looking to see if they have anything in US warehouses.

1 Like