Trampa Spur Gear Drive Motor Mount Compatibility

Im trying to find out Flipsky motors can be used on a trampa mountainboard motor mount for spur gear drives…

Here is the motor that i would like to install

and here is the motor mount i would like to use

i see that Trampa typically uses 8mm round shaft with a keyway slot. Then there is the Flipsky 7070 motor that has a 10mm round shaft… my main concern is the Flipsky motor shaft being too thick to fit in the hole for the spur gear for the motor pulley… Has anyone ever done this before? or does anyone know if this could be done? I cant find any close up pics of the trampa spur gear mechanism to kinda eye ball it. from the videos ive seen it looks like a very tight fit. Any info would help, thanks!!

links below to parts listed above.

2 Likes

Those might be to big I hate Trampas site but here’s what I saw for spur drive
motors 6376

1 Like

Looks like 6380s fit fine as well

Be carefull because of this part :

You won’t be able to use motors with more than 8 mm stepped down axles.

There may be other issues even with motors with 8 mm axles. For instance with Maytech 6374 I had to remove a circlip on the axle.

You’d better have a long motor axle too. Trampa motors have 38 mm of axle exposure length. In my case for Maytech 6374 it’s 26 mm and there is a part of the axle that is not covered by the sprocket which makes Loctite not efficient. Key is good enough for me but maybe because I have straight cut and not helical gears.

Maybe this one is OK :

1 Like

Definitely @DavidC i had to squint my eyes to find the length :joy: :call_me_hand:
(Frank fix your site make it user friendly)

2 Likes

@Nacho appreciate the pics and the explanation. this helps alot. Trampas site is not user friendly at all. Especially on mobile.

@DavidC ahhhh thats exactly what i was afraid of. defiantly not getting a 10mm shaft in there :frowning:
and also thank you for the reccomendation as well.

In conclusion: Its best to stick with a motor shaft diameter of 8mm when using the trampa spur gear drives.

Ill keep you all updated on this build! Should be a fun one :slight_smile:

1 Like