Trampa Helicals v. EToxx Helicals

Send you a pm
Cheers

3 Likes

I have E-Toxx Helicals on my trampa. Iā€™ve not done a huge amount of miles but I really really like them. Dealing with Nowind has been an absolute pleasure too. I actually broke a drive, my fault, and he replaced it for free.

Service is everything.

15 Likes

Do Helicals with Axial Torque cause any issuss with Motors?

How loud are Straight Etoxx compared to Helicalsā€¦no axial torque with Straight Gears , ā€¦Hmm?

Straight cut

8 Likes

Probably a stupid question but just wondering because Iā€™ve had to purchase two new etoxx helical wheel gearsā€¦ but could the issue stem from running in current control mode (forward and reverse) vs current with break? I even sent a video of my backlash setup to Jens who confirmed it was set properly.

ā‚¬55 each gear plus ā‚¬55 shipping (x2 in a week or so because didnā€™t happen at same time sadly) is a really inconvenient and not affordable price to pay for a product advertised as never having any failure rates everā€¦

Thereā€™ll be no gear drive free from failuresā€¦

2 Likes

I had the same issue with my first ones, so I went to a tornero (that it is in my language, castellano, the guys that work with cnc machines) and for 100 usd (which is a lot of money in my country) he build 8 of them with darling (POM). The funny thing, I only used 2 of themā€¦I did not break any gear againā€¦Just give the man the broken gear and he will do it for cheaper). Hope it helpsā€¦

2 Likes

I understand this, but itā€™s less than 200 miles since Iā€™ve installed, and each at different times within two weeks of each other, after literally verifying w video the backlash shouldnā€™t result in being down ā‚¬220. And hearing how certain people in the community who have the same issue get a new one sent for free blows.

Not knocking his product because I LOVE the drive itā€™s a whole nother level. He does great work.

While riding pieces of metal tend to move a little bit in spite of tightened bolts.

Trampa system tends to increase backlash, which can kill gear teeth.

E-Toxx system tends to reduce backlash, which crushes gear teeth :

For E-Toxx gear drive, I fixed this issue like that :

rondelle-eventail-a-denture-interieure-chevauchante-jzc-m4x11x06-acier-zing-blanc

Now nothing moves anymore and backlash remains the same!

1 Like

Very nice, part number/name for that lock washer?

@Fosterqc Yes : SERRATED LOCK WASHER TYPE INTERNAL TEETH JZC M4X11X0.6 ZINC PLATED NFE 25512

I bought that there :

2 Likes